pay terms preference profiles - adv pricing

eharaldsen

I'm trying to use pay terms preference profiles to apply pay terms to specific customers for specific products. I set up the preference hierarchy to use the customer group, and set the preference master to relate the customer group to the item group, I set the preference master to custom and invoice classification. When I key the order, the pay terms comes from the customer master instead of my preference profile. Any suggestions

I don't know what you mean by "I set the preference master to custom and invoice classification." If a preference isn't working, one of the possibilities is that the version of order entry being used doesn't have a 1 in processing option 70 (A9.1), or whichever one says to use preference profile defaults. Also, whichever processing option it is that specifies what version of P40400 to use - 56 in my version - must point to a version that has a 1 beside the payment terms preference.
In the hierarchy, make sure you have customer group selected for Sold To or Ship To, whichever is appropriate in your case.
If in the preference master you have enabled effective dates or quantities, make sure your order is inside these parameters.
Also, if you have enabled effective quantities, your preference must be set up in the unit of measure that is entered on the sales order, I believe. This is a pain in the back, because you have to set up each preference in EA, CA, BX, whatever.
It is sometimes hard to troubleshoot a preference. Good luck.

Back