Part Number Classification?

rad24

I am new to using JDE and was wondering if anyone knows how to create classification for part numbers in JDE. I come from using SAP and was wondering what would be needed to create something similar in JDE where you have a classification for a part number then have attributes to that classification for ease of searching out parts in the system for BOM creation on the engineering side.

If anyone knows what I am talking.

Hey, Welcome to the list!

The functionality you are looking for is the use of Item Master/Branch Category Codes which you can read it HERE.

Hope this helps.

This doesn't seem to break in down specifically to that part. How would you for example do this for a flange. Classification being flange. Then in another spot have Raise Face or Flat Face. Then in another spot call out rating (150#, 300#). Then in another call out material. This so I can break down the part to its basic form so when I search I type in the attributes and one or two parts show up in my search.

Sounds like you are referring to a PLM system. Most find the category codes in JDE not as functional as a standard PLM system. Oracle does own Agile and is interfacing it via Fusion Middleware. This will give you as many attributes as you want to define for an item.

Let us know if you need help with Part Classification, its the main focus of our company. There are ways we can make it available in JDE we can discuss.

Back