Parameterized URL - QBE feeds

Hi John,
I didn't find a way to pass parameters directly to QC variables either.
There might be a way if modification of an APPL is permitted, just assign them in Post Dialog is Initialized event from data structure variables.

Thanks mate, that's exactly what I was thinking but I was hoping no mods would be needed.

I'm guessing the values obviously tap into the FI variables, so yes, we can go from there. Shame, as we have 0 mod policy

Gotta love zero mod policies:
"We don't want any changes to the software but we want you to make it do something it doesn't do out of the box"

One other option is to use an Advanced Query on the grid, and put your standard filtering into that. If, however, you want to pass in values dynamically, this probably wouldn't work.

Can this parameterized URL pass back values to destination URL. Data Structure parameters are just inputs or can they be used as output parameters as well

Can this parameterized URL pass back values to destination URL. Data Structure parameters are just inputs or can they be used as output parameters as well

I don't understand your question, sorry :)
I don't need to pass anything back, just pass them into the APPLs QBE somehow.
It's clear the URL values pass into FI values which auto feed into the FC filters. And that's fine.

It's just I've been asked to look at the QBE column option. I can't see it so code and an extended form DS looks like the only option

I don't understand your question, sorry :)
I don't need to pass anything back, just pass them into the APPLs QBE somehow.
It's clear the URL values pass into FI values which auto feed into the FC filters. And that's fine.

It's just I've been asked to look at the QBE column option. I can't see it so code and an extended form DS looks like the only option

Thanks John for the reply. Actually this question is to get some knowledge on Parameterized URL as I have never used it.

Can the Data Structure be used to pass values back from JDE form to the destination URL. Or this Parameterized URL is called only when Form has to do some action in JDE when no response required.

Ah ok, sorry.

I don't think they provide any feedback, but here is a pdf for you to have a read on them.
Quite cool really.

They work like this. Each form has a datastructure and we can use the FormDSData Parameter in the URL to control FCs in the launched form.

Here I am passing in DOCO for the DS below

http://gtsXXXXXXXcom:8097/jde/Short...|17|18|22|23|24|&FormDSData=|15000988||||||||

We are limited in what we can pass in based on this forms data structure which is as follows:

BC mnOrderNo DOCO V4211AC.F4211.DOCO
BC szOrderType DCTO V4211AC.F4211.DCTO
BC szOrderCo KCOO V4211AC.F4211.KCOO
BC szReference_PO VR01 V4211AC.F4211.VR01
DI szItemNoUnknownFormat UITM
BC szBranchPlant MCU V4211AC.F4211.MCU
BC mnSoldToNo AN8 V4211AC.F4211.AN8
DI nCloseButtonClicked INT01

Attachments

• parameterized-url-red-paper-128781.pdf
    343.9 KB · Views: 37
Back