• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

P4210-Pre Processor

HolderAndrew

Well Known Member
Hi List,

I posted this question/info about a month ago. Can anyone out there please back me up! I am trying to get more ammunition on the problems being experienced out there with the pre-processor within P4210. It is a BSFN which has been provided by JDE, but is deactivated in pristine code, within the 'Grid Row Exited & Changed Aysnch' event in the detail revisions form W4210A. When activated however it appears to cause several problems, some of which are detailed below.

I would like to know if anyone else out there has turned on this feature and if so are you experiencing similar problems?


1. Credit Memo from History.
Create order header, take the 'credit Memo' form exit and select on the order lines that you wish to credit.Upon returning to the detail revisions screen from the Sales ledger inquiry, you get an error "0780 -Add to Cache F42UI12 failed". This is due to the fact that the F42UI12 record has already been created by the pre-processor (within B4200310), but it tries to do a jdeCacheAdd again within B4200311 with the same keys via Edit Line.


2. Repricing Error

If you try to reprice (either manual, auto or batch R42750) the reprice fails if you have invoked the pre-processor. The order reprice (ORPR) and basket reprice codes (RPRC) are not populated onto the F42UI11 if the source of data flag is set to a value of '7' . The peculiar thing here is that the reprice codes exist in the data structure for the pre-processor, which creates the F42UI12 caches record, but in fact ORPR and RPRC do not exist on the F42UI12. They do however exist in the F42UI11 but there is no mechansim for populating them ! The workaround is to unconditionally copy
the reprice codes from the item branch to the F42UI11 corresponding values within B4200311.

I raised call 1971380 for this, JDE have not raised ESU yet.


3. Multiple Credit Lines from History.

This is different to case 1. and can be repeated with or without invoking the pre-processor. If you select a line to credit from the ledger inquiry and return to detail revisions screen and then again take the 'Credit Memo' form exit and select another line to credit, when returning to the detail revisions screen again and clicking OK to accept the order error '0780 -Add to Cache F42UI11' occurs (Note: F42UI11 and not F42UI12!). This is less serious than the other errors as usually you can select all the lines you wish to credit within the one step.

I raised this on 15-12-00 and JDE have issued ESU 4784439 to fix it.

There are numerous other examples of cache errors regarding F42UI12 and F42UI11 on the KG, anybody else getting these?





Technical Development Specialist
Developing World Systems Ltd
JDE Consulting Partner of the Year 2000 - SUMAH Region
+ 44 (0)1494 896600 Switchboard
+ 44 (0)1494 896603 Direct
+ 44 (0)1494 896611 Fax

andrew.holder@dwsystems.co.uk
Xe SP14.1, AS400 V4R4,
 
I have been using this BSFN in P4210 succesfully. Try to move it right
before the call to the F4211 Edit Line. You also need to manage the variable
that controls the F42UI12 line number, to keep it in sync with the main
cache (F42UI11).

Good luck,

Daniel
----- Original Message -----
From: "HOLDERMAN" <andrewc_holder@yahoo.com>
To: <jdeowdevml@jdelist.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2001 10:08 AM
Subject: P4210-Pre Processor ~~0:4754


> Hi List,
>
> I posted this question/info about a month ago. Can anyone out there please
back me up! I am trying to get more ammunition on the problems being
experienced out there with the pre-processor within P4210. It is a BSFN
which has been provided by JDE, but is deactivated in pristine code, within
the 'Grid Row Exited & Changed Aysnch' event in the detail revisions form
W4210A. When activated however it appears to cause several problems, some of
which are detailed below.
>
> I would like to know if anyone else out there has turned on this feature
and if so are you experiencing similar problems?
>
>
> 1. Credit Memo from History.
> Create order header, take the 'credit Memo' form exit and select on the
order lines that you wish to credit.Upon returning to the detail revisions
screen from the Sales ledger inquiry, you get an error "0780 -Add to Cache
F42UI12 failed". This is due to the fact that the F42UI12 record has already
been created by the pre-processor (within B4200310), but it tries to do a
jdeCacheAdd again within B4200311 with the same keys via Edit Line.
>
>
> 2. Repricing Error
>
> If you try to reprice (either manual, auto or batch R42750) the reprice
fails if you have invoked the pre-processor. The order reprice (ORPR) and
basket reprice codes (RPRC) are not populated onto the F42UI11 if the source
of data flag is set to a value of '7' . The peculiar thing here is that the
reprice codes exist in the data structure for the pre-processor, which
creates the F42UI12 caches record, but in fact ORPR and RPRC do not exist on
the F42UI12. They do however exist in the F42UI11 but there is no mechansim
for populating them ! The workaround is to unconditionally copy
> the reprice codes from the item branch to the F42UI11 corresponding values
within B4200311.
>
> I raised call 1971380 for this, JDE have not raised ESU yet.
>
>
> 3. Multiple Credit Lines from History.
>
> This is different to case 1. and can be repeated with or without invoking
the pre-processor. If you select a line to credit from the ledger inquiry
and return to detail revisions screen and then again take the 'Credit Memo'
form exit and select another line to credit, when returning to the detail
revisions screen again and clicking OK to accept the order error '0780 -Add
to Cache F42UI11' occurs (Note: F42UI11 and not F42UI12!). This is less
serious than the other errors as usually you can select all the lines you
wish to credit within the one step.
>
> I raised this on 15-12-00 and JDE have issued ESU 4784439 to fix it.
>
> There are numerous other examples of cache errors regarding F42UI12 and
F42UI11 on the KG, anybody else getting these?
>
>
>
>
>
> Technical Development Specialist
> Developing World Systems Ltd
> JDE Consulting Partner of the Year 2000 - SUMAH Region
> + 44 (0)1494 896600 Switchboard
> + 44 (0)1494 896603 Direct
> + 44 (0)1494 896611 Fax
>
> andrew.holder@dwsystems.co.uk
> Xe SP14.1, AS400 V4R4,
>
>
> --------------------------
> Visit the forum to view this thread at:
>
http://198.144.193.139/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=OWDEV&Numbe
r=4754
> *************************************************************
> This is the JDEList One World / XE Developers Mailing List.
> Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
> UNSUBSCRIBE can be found at http://www.JDELIST.com
> *************************************************************
>
>
 

BSK

Active Member
Hi
I am facing the same problem now. When I am coming back to P4210 from P42025 (Credit Memo), getting Error "Add to Cache F42UI11 Failed". Any SAR / ESU is there for this issue?

Thanks
Sathish
 

HolderAndrew

Well Known Member
Hi Sathish,

The problems with cache failures on F42UI12 and F42UI11 were quite widespread, especially when Xe first came out with the introduction of splitting the MBF's. I am sure that by now (surely!) there are some ESU's to fix all of them. Just search on the KG with F42UI12 OR 'cache failure' and you should see lots! I fixed 1 or 2 quite a long time manually as we couldn't apply all of the required ESUs (depends on the scope of the ESU and the release/update levels that you are on). Please get back to me and include your OW details for a fuller answer if you cannot find anything.

Rgds

Andrew
 

BSK

Active Member
Hi Andrew
Thank you very much.
I got it...it is an ESU - JD16881.

Thanks
Sathish
 

jdetech05

Well Known Member
Hi Holderman

Even we are in the same boat we are getting error
Add to F42UI12 Cache Failed when doing credit memos.

But my company has totally customized P4210 to P574210
i can't even apply the ESU now.
Can you please give us some guidelines on how to fix this.



ThankYou

One World XE (SP 21)
SQL Server 2000
 

BOster

Legendary Poster
You could allways retro-fit the esu. In fact we have customized P4210 as well but left it named as P4210 and the last esu we got we simply retrofitted the esu instead of trying to retrofit our mods.
 

HolderAndrew

Well Known Member
Hi Cchenupati,

hate to say it but copying P4210 to a custom program is very risky unless you are absolutely sure that you will not want to use the many standard features surrounding SOE processes. You say that you wish to apply some ESU's. I assume that you wish to apply these to P574210?

I wouldn't be surprised if you do get problems doing this. Please see the recent thread on modifying P4312 and the same arguments apply to P4210. I know this is not what you want to hear but unless you want to work on P574210 for a long time I would try and modularize your custom code into functional building blocks as NERs or BSFNs. These can then be called in a controlled manner as required within P4210.

You may still not be able to apply the ESUs as you may have the same problem that we have in that we are still on Xe base. ESUs normally come in large packages of SAR fixes and normally have many affected objects if P4210 is involved! Not all of these fixes may be compatable with the release that you are on. You may need to cherry pick the required SAR fixes by using visual compare and copy tools to copy from ESU source code to required destination.

Good luck,

Regards

Andrew Holder

Xe Base, AS400, V4R5, SP18.1, citrix
 

BBritain

VIP Member
CC...,

In addition to the esu updates problem, are you aware that when you create a version for the P574210 that you must also create a version for the P4210 with the same version name. This is because the MBFs use a function to retrieve processing option values and that function is hard coded to retrieve them from a P4210 version.

Ben again,
 

BOster

Legendary Poster
Our company also started to do a copy and mod of the P4210 and ended up modifying the P4210 directly. You got to remember that there are also form interconnects in other APPLs that call P4210.
 

manesh76

Member
[ QUOTE ]
Hi List,<br><br>I posted this question/info about a month ago. Can anyone out there please back me up! I am trying to get more ammunition on the problems being experienced out there with the pre-processor within P4210. It is a BSFN which has been provided by JDE, but is deactivated in pristine code, within the 'Grid Row Exited & Changed Aysnch' event in the detail revisions form W4210A. When activated however it appears to cause several problems, some of which are detailed below.<br><br>I would like to know if anyone else out there has turned on this feature and if so are you experiencing similar problems?<br><br><br>1. Credit Memo from History.<br>Create order header, take the 'credit Memo' form exit and select on the order lines that you wish to credit.Upon returning to the detail revisions screen from the Sales ledger inquiry, you get an error "0780 -Add to Cache F42UI12 failed". This is due to the fact that the F42UI12 record has already been created by the pre-processor (within B4200310), but it tries to do a jdeCacheAdd again within B4200311 with the same keys via Edit Line. <br><br><br>2. Repricing Error<br><br>If you try to reprice (either manual, auto or batch R42750) the reprice fails if you have invoked the pre-processor. The order reprice (ORPR) and basket reprice codes (RPRC) are not populated onto the F42UI11 if the source of data flag is set to a value of '7' . The peculiar thing here is that the reprice codes exist in the data structure for the pre-processor, which creates the F42UI12 caches record, but in fact ORPR and RPRC do not exist on the F42UI12. They do however exist in the F42UI11 but there is no mechansim for populating them ! The workaround is to unconditionally copy<br>the reprice codes from the item branch to the F42UI11 corresponding values within B4200311.<br><br>I raised call 1971380 for this, JDE have not raised ESU yet.<br><br><br>3. Multiple Credit Lines from History.<br><br>This is different to case 1. and can be repeated with or without invoking the pre-processor. If you select a line to credit from the ledger inquiry and return to detail revisions screen and then again take the 'Credit Memo' form exit and select another line to credit, when returning to the detail revisions screen again and clicking OK to accept the order error '0780 -Add to Cache F42UI11' occurs (Note: F42UI11 and not F42UI12!). This is less serious than the other errors as usually you can select all the lines you wish to credit within the one step.<br><br>I raised this on 15-12-00 and JDE have issued ESU 4784439 to fix it.<br><br>There are numerous other examples of cache errors regarding F42UI12 and F42UI11 on the KG, anybody else getting these?<br><br><br><br><br><br>Technical Development Specialist<br>Developing World Systems Ltd<br>JDE Consulting Partner of the Year 2000 - SUMAH Region<br>+ 44 (0)1494 896600 Switchboard<br>+ 44 (0)1494 896603 Direct<br>+ 44 (0)1494 896611 Fax<br><br>andrew.holder@dwsystems.co.uk<br>Xe SP14.1, AS400 V4R4,<br><br>

[/ QUOTE ]
 
T

TechTnT

Guest
In case anyone is still running on B733.2 and encountering any issue like "error: delete from cache F42UI11 ex failing"

in our case, this was directly related to the length of the machine name. Even though B733.2 will accept up to 15 characters for the license... in order for this cache to function properly the machine name length needs to be 14 characters or less.

Once we did this... every machine that was encountering the issue was fixed.
 
Top