P4210 Grid Sequencing not working as defined

JeffW

On the customer service inquiry grid (W4210E)I am trying to sequence the grid records by Order Date for a customer. Dispite what I enter for sequencing, it appears the display is sequencing by Order Number.
Since we have different next numbers set for different order types, the most recent order isn't necessarily the highest order number and most recent order.
I did try deleting the overrides from this grid thinking that maybe something was defined that I couldn't see, but this didn't make any difference.
Does anyone know if there is a trick to this, or is it just a bug in XE?

Jeff,

Save the original format as it is(Grid format Name 1/Jeff1). Create a new format (Order Date) and keep the DOCO as first field.

When i worked in XE, i think i remember some applications needed the first field as it is. Please try. It may work.

Thanks.

Bala

As the person above said, yes, save the current grid format as is and create a new tab and sequence as needed. Also, you want to save this by closing P4210 before you go on to do anything else. Do not go to enter a new order or edit an existing order without first closing P4210 after making sequence changes. One other thing we've noticed....these sometimes "bug" out in XE. Meaning if you have any personally defined tabs, they have been known to disappear before.

Thanks for your suggestions guys! I tried the suggestions offered and still found that it wasn't displaying properly. After some very methodical testing, I was able to get the display sequence to show like defined.

What I found was that if both the Ordered Date and Received Date were included in the sequence definition, it displayed results properly. If only one of these Date fields were included in the sequence definition, results were not correct. All my data lines had the same ordered and received date, so it doesn't really make sense to me, but it worked.

Back