P3413 displaying double forecast

Mgroeneveld

Well Known Member
Hi all,

I have a problem for which i almost certain know the reason for. Just to verify. I am running DRP every day in a nightbatch. Forecasts in May/June are doubled in their weekly buckets. In other words, the correct forecast of that week is cummulated with the FC of the next week. This is very strange. The only reason i can find is that the fiscal date pattern (F0008) is not setup for 2004. The weekly date pattern (F0008B) is setup though. Could this be the problem ? But DRP doesn't work with the fiscal date pattern does it ? There is no processing option available where you can select a certain pattern.

Thanks in advance

Sounds very strange...

Are your Shop floor Calendar records OK as these are critical to this process (although normally you would get an error if they weren't)

There is a processing Option in DRP where the Forecast Types you wish to include are specified - are you using multiple Forecast types?

The Forecast Details themselves? Do they look OK? The Forecast generation DOES use the Fiscal Date Patterns???

The Items have a Planning Fence Rule which uses ? (Forecast/Forecast, Greater of Forecast and Sales,...)

Hope this stumbles you towards a resolution...

Regards,

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your info. I am indeed using multiple forecast types. But this seems to go ok until May/June. I wasn't aware that DRP uses the fiscal date pattern. I of course knew it uses shop floor calendars but you cannot define a particular fiscal date pattern. The KG however always refers strange problems to the fiscal date pattern setup.

Ahh. I think DRP does use a Fiscal Date Pattern. It has to know its weeks from its months to create the correct end dates in F3413. However, my knowledge is a bit dated in this area. I last looked at this back in World back in 97/98....

I just would rush into any conclusions just because there is no processing option. The FDP is associated with a Company and every B/P is associated with a Company. DRP can find the FDP. Even if it uses the FDP from Co 00000. Forecasting does provide Processing Options for FDP for greater flexibility.

The only way you will know is to test it. The effect of not having a Date Pattern setup is unpredictable as I have never tried it. As a ground rule please setup ALL your Monthly and Weekly FDP's way out into 2020. Same for your SF Calendar.

Apart from this, you either have a bug or you are pulling in two Forecast Types.

Good luck.

Are you using a monthly Fiscal Date Pattern and running MRP/DRP is weekly buckets? If so, watch the buckets having a month ending date. Also, as Craig points out, check your forecast and the processing option in the planning generation to be sure it is not getting doubled there with 2 different forecast types.

Hi Jeff,

We are running weekly bucket DRP but miss the monthly fiscal date pattern. Does this matter ? So we do have filled for 2004 the F0008B (weekly) but miss for 2004 the F0008.

Thx,

Martijn

Back