Outside Operations and MRP

PJE

I have a quick set up question for Outside Operations. The outside operations parts are working fine through the Shop Floor control system. The client has coded them to be planned by MRP (planning code 3). So we receive messages in the message file which seems redundant. I have not seen them set up before like this. Do other companies allow MRP to plan the outside operations? It just seems odd.

MRP should not be planning for *OP Part numbers because they do not appear on any Bill and should have no Forecast. MRP may see the Purchase Orders that feature such *OP Parts if you have included the "X" Line Type in Supply Demand Inclusion Rules. The Planning Code really isn't relevant.

Does your Company want to plan for Outside Operations? If so, HOW do they think they are doing this? The Subcon PO should get its Required Date from the Routing Backsheduled Date (or, failing that, the WO Header - I recall SARs on this matter). You are right, MRP Messages would be redundant for the PO's. It will just tell you to cancel these PO's as it sees no independent or dependent demand for them.

Back