"Other" inventory adjustments

Frosty the Coder

Legendary Poster
\"Other\" inventory adjustments

The client has asked whether I can setup a SECOND document type for inventory adjustments.
They want "certain" transactions to segregate from "normal" adjustments.

I saw "IJ" already setup in the UDC.

Does anyone out there use "IJ"?
Does it process any differently from an "IA"?
If they don't like "IJ", can I simply add a new entry to the UDC?
Do I need to setup activity rules for "IJ"?

Please AND Thanks
Gene

Re: \"Other\" inventory adjustments

We don't use 'IJ', although it is in our UDC table. We have set up several new ones, because Finance wanted the accounting to be done differently depending on the reason for the adjustment, for example writing off obsolete stock vs. damage inflicted by operator error.
There's no reason you couldn't use it if it's not being used already, nor is there any reason not to simply add your own to the UDC table.
There are no order activity rules for inventory adjustments, because they don't follow any order process like sales orders and work orders.
You just create them using the J4114 screen program and when you press enter the inventory balances are updated and the journal entries are created.
You do need to set up AAIs using the DMAAI shortcut, or option 6 on G4141, the AAI's between 4100 and 4199. Which ones you have to set up depend on what costing system is in use and probably other stuff, but at a minimum you'll need 4122 which is the credit to inventory for an adjustment out, and 4124, which is the corresponding debit to the expense account. There are others for physical inventory count adjustments, cost changes, etc.
There is a good report available from the AAI maintenance screen by pressing F21, or from the Version List using program P40490. You could create a version of this for all AAI's using the document type 'IJ' and if there are none, you can be sure it's not being used.
I hope this is helpful.

Re: \"Other\" inventory adjustments

Jon,

As always, THANKS.
As always, I'll raise a beverage to your health.

Gene
(still dysfunctional)
grin.gif

Back