OMW 'Newbie'

DMiller

OMW \'Newbie\'

I am new to OMW and right now I really miss the Object Librarian but I'm told that I will love OMW (when I actually learn how to use it). Anyway... we just upgraded to OneWorld Xe and apparently we missed some Batch Versions (UBE's) before the upgrade.
So we have begun to create them again but now I have no idea how to promote them and what the correct procedure is for checking them in, adding them to a project, and promoting them, etc. Does anyone have some advice for me or have a checklist of events in order to follow so I do this right?
Also, if there a list available somewhere on what the OMW rules are supposed to be so I can verify that these are correct also?
THANKS so much in advance!!!

Re: OMW \'Newbie\'

The answer really depends on how your OMW is set up, what environments you are using. Speak with your CNC Administrator or Consultant and ask him to explain how your company's development cycle is set up.

You should be able to create versions through BV (batch versions) and check them into the environment you are logged into (using the default project in OMW). There is also a "hack" that allows you to use OL in Xe. I'm sure you can find it if you search the archives here on JDEList.

Good luck.

In order to transfer object from one environment to another, you must have the Object Activity Rules setup by using the Object Management Configuration tool. You need to define the Project From Status and Project To Status. OMW is complicated than OL but it reinforced the rule of objects integrity and security. If you are authorized to define Activity Rules, you may go to menu GH9081 and select Object Management Configuration option for Activity Rules.

I would recommend you to buy and read the OMW book on the Internet or take Edwards’ training class.

There are OMW docs on KG/Knowledger Browser section. These docs will help you to understand and set up OMW.

There has been prior jdelist postings regarding OMW. I initate a couple of posting myself.

Diane,
Don't use OL in XE. You are inviting problems and denial of support from JDE if problems occur. OMW works just fine but it does take several days of training or a few months of trial and error.
I went the trial and error method and I would suggest the training.
Regards,
Dave

RE: OMW \'Newbie\'

I agree completely with Dave. OMW has a steep learning curve but it will be
well worth it!

Regards,
David

Brightpoint NA
Sun/Oracle 8.1.6 / Citrix Xe base Sp15.1 live
Update 4 / SP18.1 sandbox

Back