Off topic : funiest OneWorld error messages ever

jim_smith

Hi guys,

I recently came across the following error message in the log files on an application server at one of my clients. I thought that maybe we could have a little fun here and get some more people to post some of the funiest error messages they've ever seen. Here it goes:

1764/1660 Tue Jan 25 15:49:12 2005 WRKROUTE.C217
We might have a big problem, kernel job (pid 0) has not been started.

1764/1660 Tue Jan 25 15:49:23 2005 WRKROUTE.C217

1764/1660 Tue Jan 25 15:50:43 2005 WRKROUTE.C217

Hi Jim, again,
Can you please have a look at my posting about doing custom Table IO on server....
Thanks

Back in B714 days we came across a pretty humorous error.

Back then, the oneworld explorer was designed for NT 3.51 GUI - but it didn't mind if you installed the client on Windows 95.

However, when you tried to create a shortcut icon by right-clicking in oneworld explorer - it would provide the error "critical error - don't tell harry"

we never did figure out who harry was but I guess someone did tell him in the end....

Back in my Digital PDP-11 RMS days we had a program error that usually reared it's ugly head in development and I quote;

"Program Lost, Sorry" No line number or program statement reference. But at least Olson was sorry.

Re: RE: Off topic : funiest OneWorld error messages ever

On old Unixes it used to be fun coming up with commands that have humorous results, Most of these don't work any more unfortunately.

Examples:
% make babies
Don't know how to make babies

% ar god
God does not exist

and so on....

I always find this one funny to see:

2972/3388 Thu Jan 27 07:42:35 2005 jdeksec.c2242
Decryption failed. Don't know why!!

Not quite an error message...

The kernel has crashed, people hear "the Colonel has crashed" and start asking if the Colonel was hurt.

Killing the orphans of a JDE crash (i.e. JDE crashes on a Windows platform leaving threads running that can only be cleaned up by killing them in task manager or rebooting.)

Back in the old AS/400 and Synon days: If you got an error message and pressed F1, you get more detail on what it is. If you press F1 again on the help screen, you got the message:

'You are beyond help' - there's some dry British humor for you

Any old VMS users out there? If so, this one's been around for a LONG time:

$ make :== $sys$system:teco32_tv make (on our Alpha system it's teco32_tv)
$ make love

responds with
Not war?

Hi Don,

Didn't know Teco made it off the VAX and onto the Alpha. Should have died on VAX.... I left the VAX VMS world 10 years ago because of company direction changes. Fortunately, VMS was a good training ground for OS400. Ten years ago a Vax box running VMS was very bullet proof and I find that AS/400, iSeries, i5 running OS400 just as bulletproof. Some things I liked more on VMS and for other things I like OS400 better. Net Net it's been a draw in my book but given Digitals fate, I'm glad I transitioned over to IBM.

Back