Odd blank spaces in ube output

janemcs123

janemcs123

I have written a custom report which is causing me some problems. I keep getting odd blank sections appearing. They seem to be completely random, and do not occur at regular intervals.

The report in question is a columnar report. The driver section runs over business view V00060 (just F0006 table). It prints the detail (MCU), and there are also level breaks for Business Unit Subsequent (MCUS) and cat code 22 (RP22). The level breaks are also columnar sections. Within the detail section, there are calls to a couple of conditional sections, which run over the F03B11 and F0902 tables. These sections are hidden, and the main purpose is to return totalled values. The conditional sections are set to non-visible. Any zero rows are supressed.

When the report runs, all the calculations are fine, and for example pages 1-6 will print perfectly, but then on page 7 there will be a huge gap between the detail section and the level break footer for MCUS. I hope some of that makes sense.

I have:

1) checked the page print layout for all versions and the report template - all are set to A4 landscape.
2) check the properties on all the hidden sections to make sure they are hidden, and conditional.
3) Commented out the 'supress section write' statement for zero rows. Strangely this seemed to change where the blank sections were appearing, but did not do anything else.

The question really is, has anyone experienced anything like this, or are there any settings I should be checking which I may have missed? Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks,
Jane. :confused:
Xe SP22
Oracle 8.1

Jane,

Here is an option to find out more information, though it may be a bit unusual. Firstly, have you ever looked at PSE1 PDF code using a text editor like wordpad? It is interesting if you have the item information incuded in the PDF output. To get this add the following to the jde.ini where the ube will be run:

[UBE]
UBEPrintDataItems=1

Then run the UBE. Look through the code to where the white space appears. You should be able to tell what section has "printed" it. Don't forget to comment out or remove the change in the jde.ini as it increases the size of the PDF's considerably.

Hope this helps and you don't get confused when looking at the PDF code using wordpad. All the best for a resolution.

Back