Newbie question - Debug

sam9656

I am trying to start Debug Application and I am getting the following error. Can anybody help please? I tried searching previous posts and couldn't find anything.

Runtime Error!
Program C:\e810\system\bin32\LaunchJVM.exe
abnormal program termination

Create Service Failed. Unable to continue.

Thanks

Excerpt from Solution ID : 200968307 on the Oracle/PeopleSoft Customer Connection web site.....

ISSUE:
Installed EnterpriseOne 8.10 Standalone and attempted to launch ER Debugger. Receive error as follows:
"Failure message is Runtime error. Program: C:\E810\system\bin32\LaunchJVM.exe Abnormal termination.
Debugger : Create service failed - unable to continue."

SOLUTION:
What happens during the install of the standalone software is that CD 1 installs the BPMBroker files and then CD 2 partially deletes them. These missing files cause the ER Debugger to then fail. The workaround is to manually install the bpm broker files from the .zip file in CD 1 or install them from the BPMBroker.zip file attached to this solution. Extract the zip file to Program Files\JDEdwards\BPMBroker.

SPECIFIC TO: EnterpriseOne Standalone 8.10 and 8.11

Hey,

Thanks for the help. It worked. Eventhough the post says standalone, I had the same problem with the fat client.

One more issue I found is when I am working with the stand alone on my XP machine, it will take a long time to save the event rules (like 10 min.), the first time and after that its normal. But I don't have this problem on the fat client that I have on Win 2000.

As per the consultant we have here, its the problem with XP. Is there some kind of fix for this?

Thanks again for the help.

It has to do with system restore of win XP. Turn it off and you will be fine. To find system restore , go start-control-system than last tab system restore than turn it off.

Naveed,

The issue has ABSOLUTELY NUTHIN to do with System Restore. On a production client - it is best practices to turn off system restore. On a personal client with Standalone - it makes no differnce. If you are not going to accept packages - System Restore will not affect you.

For the record - there is no balance between system restore and the PBMBroker issue being discussed.

(db)

Hi Naveed, Thanks for the help. I turned off the system restore and the problem disappeared. Anyhow system restore is not that critical for me as it's my personal laptop.

Thanks guys for all the help.

Thanks

DBohner,

I replied to the issue he was having with the long wait time when saving the ER code. Apparently this is the solution and it worked for him.

Back