New WindowsNT Application Server Build Errors

ellendavis

We are installing an WindowsNT application server (enterprise server). I am having a problem doing a build. The error I am getting is ('cl' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.).
This is happening on all the BSFN's.

We have installed C++ on the server but I cannot still do a build.

Has anyone ever seen this error before.

Thank you
Ellen

ERP8.0 Update1
iSeries V5R2M0 ES
WindowsNT (new server)
Many Citrix users

What ID are you logging on with to the server? Is it different from the ID that was logged on when C++ was installed. When installing C++ Windows environment settings including PATH are added only for the ID who installed C++.

PS.. Why are you going with NT instead of WIN 2000 or 2003?

You need to install Visual C++ on the server. If it is installed, make sure the directories for Visual C++ are included in the system path.

Ellen,

I would agree with this. Please check that your path variables are set. A quick check would be that any VC tool can be run from your start->run command line. If it comes up with an error, then you have to add the Visual C directory in your PATH Environment variable.

Actually, Visual Studio comes with a batch script to set all that up for you. It's called vsvars32.bat in ... common/tools/bin or something like that? If you're using VS.NET, it's called vsvars32.bat, but if you're using VS6 or earlier, it should be vcvars32.bat.

Also, please ensure that you installed service pack 5 for Visual C.

Also, referring to the next post, I would also suggest to go for Windows 2000. Based on my experience, Windows 2000 servers are much more stable than Windows NT.

Hope this helps.
Thanks
Yogesh

Back