Need to change a grid column heading.

Christopher

I need to change the text of a grid column heading for an associated description field in the Grid of P1701. I can change it on the form in FDA and I have verified the Vocabulary Overrides are correct, but when I run the form on my local host the old column headings still appear...what am I missing?

The FDA works pretty different than Vocab Overrides
grin.gif

Stick to one of them
cool.gif

Well I really don't care how I accomplish it...I changed the column heading in FDA, and the Override Text checkbox is checked and I can't uncheck it!!

Well I don't care either, but it looks like you ALREADY have a Vocab Override in place and this may be the reason FDA is so fixated on the checkbox.

Okay....so if I have a vocab override in place for that object then I can't change the check box? So its either one or the other then. I would like a little detail information on the differences between VO and using FDA to accomplish changes to data labels...I wish there was a white paper, or a PDF that would be great.
smile.gif

Hi Ray, Christopher,

[ QUOTE ]
You can use system function: Set Grid Column Heading

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it worked for me very well on XE.
In one of our large development we had a lot of custom User Defined field with many Data Types in our custom tables.

Side-Labels and Column Headings can be set up in a custom UDC by Document Type and Language Preference.

On the other side there is a trick, how to set Column Heading with two rows.

If somebody interest it, I will check, how did I do it exactly and will share it.

Regards,

Zoltán

When i want to change grid column heading i used same system function. but it is not working.

I want to change grid column heading when i run the application. but it is not working.

I tired grid column font it is also not working.

I have written event rules on grid column grid.jpg

You need to move the code to Post Dialiog is Inialised

It should work fine then

As far as I know you can not change grid column headings this way. But you can save a format on web where it give you option.

In grid column events...it wont come....post dialog is intialised.

and can you tell difference about dialog is intialised and post dialog is initialised?

Zoltan,

Could you please tell me how to set Column Headings with two rows?

Thanks.

Back