Need to aggregate a field of the Sub section

srired

Hi All

I have a scenario where i should aggregate the field of the subsection and display on the Footer of Parent section.

If we get into detail of the issue, I am copying and customoizing the report R04305. This report has sub section join with parent section on F0411 and child on F0911. I have to introduce a LB footer section on AN8 on the detail section and place an aggregate of the Amount field of sub section.

However the existing report does has footers and aggregates on it referenced to Amount field on Sub section. I was wondering how it was done.I knew the alternate way to do this is by summing up the amount and assign to variable on the footer section. I am trying to understand how it could be done.

Can anyone assist me if faced this scenario previously ...

Thanks in Advance
Srired
E812.

Remove sub section join,
create child section as conditional and call this section from do section of parent section and and set user selection in child as per parent section fields
calculate total on child using variable
after that
go on level break footer section of parent and assign total on footer after that make that total variable as zero

in this way u cal display total on footer as per child section

Hi Bhushan

Thanks for your idea. I completely agree with you and have aggregated the Amount column manually in the existing subsection and displaying in the footer section of the parent(With out going for a conditional section).

My point was how did the existing parent section had aggregates placed referenced to the field on the child section.

Thanks
Srired

Srired,

This is testing the memory a bit, but I think the variable is dragged from the section to the lbf. A window then appears with the properties. I haven't checked to see if this is how it is done.

Hi

Thanks Peter, I didn't clearly get what you have mentioned.

If you mean i should try drag the aggregate column from the footer section of the parent to child section, i have tried it but its of no use... it wasn't showing any reference to the field.

Anyways this was taken care by summming up manually.

Thanks
Srired

srired,

[ QUOTE ]
If you mean i should try drag the aggregate column from the footer section of the parent to child section

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it was the other way around. Drag the column you wish to aggregate from the recurring section to the footer section.

Back