Multi foundation

EONECNC

Well Known Member
I am on E1 8.12/SQL server 2005/Windows 2003/TR 8.96.
Installing 8.97 Tools release using multiple foundation on Enterprise server.
1. Created new host code directory "SP897" under d:\JDEdwards\E812\DDP
2. Moved DV812 and PY812 pathcodes to "SP897"
3. Created Log, packages, Printque directories under new host code directory "sp897"
4. Run 8.97 tools release executable
5. It is observed that, step 4 overwrites the original "system" folder under d:\JDEdwards\E812\DDP.
There is no "system" folder under new host code folder (i.e SP897). Can anyone tell me where i am going wrong ?
How do I install the host code to d:\JDEdwards\E812\DDP\sp897 ?

Hi,

Tools 8.97 installation is completely different than
it used to be on earlier releases.

First of all, you have to install Server Manager on
a Windows box, typically the Deployment one.

Then, you download Tools for Client 8.97 and install
it on the Deployment (that's the only part that's
applied as it used to be on 8.96)

Then, you need to install and start Server Manager
Agent on your Intel Enterprise box.

Last step, you download Tools 8.97 for Intel Servers
on your Deployment (just download, not execute), you
log to Server Manager, upload it to its repository and
finally distribute it to your Intel Enterprise Server.

I know it sounds convoluted, but it's the way to operate
on Server Manager environment (Tools 8.97 and later)

Hi Sebastian,

Server Manager is available from Tools release 8.97 onwards. But i am on 8.96 and I want to apply tools release 8.97 only to DV and PY environments first (Multifoundation). In my scenario i can't use server Manager untill i install 8.97 on my servers. Please advice me how do i change from 8.96 to 8.97 using multi foundation ?

you should also have some sort of multi foundation on your deployment server (or at least save system,systemcomp and oneworld client install folders for your 8.96 install) and install the new tools release on deployment server.
Then install server manager and from there, install agents on your dv/py enterprise server and web server.

Use server manager to install the tr 8.97 on your dvpy web and es, following the installation guides. Be sure not to register your 8.96 ES before actually isntalling TR 8.97 onto the machine or you will experience a lot of problems on your production server

for a more detailed explanation, look up multi foundation guides and TR 8.97 installation guides on knowledge garden

Hi,

You install Server Manager + Client Tools 8.97 on the
Deployment Server (as our colleague said : saving 8.96
client, system and systemcomp folders).
Then you install Server Manager AGENT on all your
Web and Enterprise servers. The Agent itself doesn't
interfere with your current Tools installation, but
you'll need to deploy Enterprise Tools 8.97 to the
MultiFoundation paths (DV and PY in your case).
Please, read thoroughly the Server Manager and Tools
8.97 documentation and, if you still have doubts,
send your questions.

Have a nice day

Sorry I've come in so late on the conversation.

I have found that for the Enterprise Server, the Tools Release software that you install there is almost exactly the same as it has always been. If you make a backup of the appropriate directories, you can follow the older written procedures for installing multi-foundation on the Deployment Server and the Enterprise Server.

This goes for Intel/Windows and AS/400. In fact, when I was having trouble installing the Enterprise Server objects on an AS/400, I was able to follow the older manual for applying an 8.96 Tools Release, and get 8.97 installed.

Unfortunately, this is as far as I was able to go without the Server Manager. As you know, the JAS Server must be installed using SM.

Back