MRP Periods of Supply

JWilkins

My client is on B733.2. They use MRP on their make items with order policy code = 4 "periods of supply" and the value order policy = 14. The problem with "periods of supply" is when a work order is created from the MRP message if the demand is reduced MRP does not give a decrease message to reduce the work order. My client monitors orders manually but too often there are occasions where they get stuck running production for goods they really don't need due to a sales order being canceled. JDE has writen enhancement SAR 632631 to correct this situation but nothing is being done with it. My question to the forum is. Is there a creative work around that can be used to trigger a decrease message or generate a report to alert when supply does not meet demand in a given time frame?[frown]

HI,

My Client ran MRP generation type 5 with Period of Supply. Their problem was a bit like yours, but they were confronted with EA dropping below 0 during the POS where WO were already planned. We made a report running directly after MRP creating a new message where EA was below 0.

Maybe something like that is possible for your client as well. F.e. when a sales order is cancelled EA will rise. Is the client able to tell what is stil an exceptable level of EA per item. You can then make a report creating message when EA exceeds this level.

Hope this is of help,

Saskia

Hi,

This sounds interesting. What table(s) should I run the report against in
order to test the EA value for increases in a given period/time bucket?

Thanks for looking at my posted issue.

Jeffrey J. Wilkins

Client Services Manager, New York
Corning Data Services, Inc.

Phone: (607) 936 4241 ext. 142
Fax: (607) 936 0495
E-mail: [email protected]

Saskia
<saskia.wijckmans@get To: [email protected]
ronics.com> cc:
Sent by: Subject: Re: MRP Periods of Supply
owner-support@jdelist
.com

01/24/2003 05:46 AM
Please respond to
jdeapps

Saskia replied to your post at the site: .
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=Apps&Number=48559

HI,

My Client ran MRP generation type 5 with Period of Supply. Their problem
was a bit like yours, but they were confronted with EA dropping below 0
during the POS where WO were already planned. We made a report running
directly after MRP creating a new message where EA was below 0.

Maybe something like that is possible for your client as well. F.e. when a
sales order is cancelled EA will rise. Is the client able to tell what is
stil an exceptable level of EA per item. You can then make a report
creating message when EA exceeds this level.

Hope this is of help,

Saskia

I like the idea of creating a report that identifies instances where EA has gone greater than 0. Can someone tell me the table(s) I should use in order to test the EA value for increases in a given period/time bucket?

In case you havent yet determined the table, I would suggest using the F3413 Time Series table, which provides the calculated EA period by period in buckets as determined in the MRP Processing Options. R. Wilson

Back