MRP and Safety Stock

hsiao_te_wang

Well Known Member
Hi Lists,
We have the purchasing items with planning fence 30, rule "C" and order policy "4". We also set a large number 1,000,000 on safety stock for this item. After R3482, system did not suggest the PLO to cover the safety stock at all. I am assuming system do not reconize the SS but the processing options of R3482 has been activated to deduct SS for MRP running. Is any other reason can make this happen ? Thanks !
Regards,
John Hsiao, ERP8 Update1, SP21

John,

No. This should not happen. (Unless you have On Hand Stock of 1,000,000 then this would be one obvious reason but I guess it can't be that obvious!) I also take it for granted that the R3482 ran OK with no other (Date) errors? On your Time Series did the +BA and +BAU go negative? Were you receiving any Purchase Orders or Work Orders?

The only odd item is your "Periods of Supply" setting. This shouldn't be a problem but it is not that widely used, therefore there isn't much experience in any bugs out there. I suggest you run the test again with different Order Policies to rule this one out.

If it is the problem check the KG for SAR's.

Did you leave the Value Order Policy field blank? You didn't mention a value for that data field. Order policy Code 4 requires a number in Value Order Policy

Hi John,

I have seen this before. Do you get an order for the safety stock amount, when you put any form of demand in (other then safety stock)? F.e. put a forecast in of 1 for the item, run MRP.

Kind regards,

Saskia Wijckmans

Back