MRP Messages 'B' and 'O'

hlf

MRP Messages \'B\' and \'O\'

Hi Forum,

I am struggling with the 'B' and 'O' messages for replenishment (PO) in MRP. I would like the 'B' message to be the main signal for replenishment. As I have understood the functionality I should have 'B' messages when todays date falls within the level leadtime + Purchased Item Safety Lead Time. I have put 5 days in Purchase Item Saftey Leadtime to get a reasonable work fence for releasing PO.
My problem is that I often get 'O' messages where I expect to get 'B' messages and I can't see why. I suppose that the 'O' message should turn to 'B' message when it falls within the lead time. We clear files and do a complete regeneration every night.
Any ideas or suggestions how to solve?

Thx,

HLF

Re: MRP Messages \'B\' and \'O\'

can you confirm that the dates in the time series for the item support your thoughts on whether B or O message should be generated. this would need daily buckets in the planning horizon for the run to enable this analysis

Ok,

We have 10 Planning Days and 4 days Planning and Freeze Fence. Must the Planning Days exceed the lead time to get the 'B' message?

Thx,

hlf

no. but if the number of planning days exceeds the leadtime plus safety days then the time series display can help to check where the planned order messages are being created and you can see where they fall against the freeze fence. as these are purchased items, leadtimes are calendar days

Back