Migration from Worldsoft A7.3 to EnterrpiseOne 8.9

nectarsoft

Our client Wish to replace the existing WorldSoftware(A7.3) to EnterpriseOne 8.9. This migration will leave the AS400 back and move completely to EnterpriseOne 8.9 (MS SQL)-Intel platform. Which means, AS400 will be discontinued.
• WorldSoftware Current version: A 7.3 Cum 0012
• OS/400: V4R2

JDEdwards has not defined any structure way to proceed with this migration However, the direct migration from WorldSoftware to ERP 8.0 will convert JDE A 7.3 to ERP 8.01 with AS400 as Enterprise server. (Ref: Migration from WorldSoftware A7_3 to ERP 8_0 Guide AS400)

I have defined my approach in this migration document. (Self explanatory steps). The ides is to follow the co-existence path until world A7.3 Data source will come close to EnterpriseOne 8.9 Data Source.( Which includes Data Dictionary). And take a deviation to install Enterprise One on intel platform.

Attachments

• 72846-Notes to WS- E1 Migration Plan.doc
    54 KB · Views: 1,143
Hi !
I see that the document you have produced is technically orientated.

8.9 with patches is still quite unstable in some areas :-( so I'd recomend that you ensure that you have your apps test scripts up todate and you test A LOT !

There are a lot of threads on this in the tech section which will be of interest. I'd take particular note on the sizing issue.

Beyond this there are more qualified technical people in the forum who can better advise on the CNC/DEV side.

Warm regards

Peter

Back