Migrating Menus from Xe to 9.1

patcc

Well Known Member
Currently we are in the process of upgrading JDE Xe to EnterpriseOne 9.1

However, we are encountering an issue whereby menus from Xe cannot be migrated to 9.1 due to the new concepts in 9.1 whereby tasks views are being used.

Has anyone performed this before and how did you workaround this problem?

Thanks for your help

Can you give me some details on how you did it?

We migrated it to 9.1 but we cannot view it in task view.
I can see the menu on OMW but cannot open the design.

Maybe we are doing the migration the wrong way. We have used the oracle upgrade plan.

Please help..

Pat,

This goes back a long way, so it tests the memory.

When we were using Xe we were also using the web. We had to covert the fat client menus to views so they could be used on the web. There was a conversion tool (R9000C) that converted the standard (G) menu structure to a view. I cloned this and change it to convert custom menus to views. This was all in Xe.

If you do a search on JDEList for R9000C you will find some posts on the subject that may be of assistance. There is probably an Oracle document of two on the subject as well.

Hi,

I have put years of my life into this...:)

Anyway, the JDE program R9000C works in part -
One of the main issues is that custom menus that are not attached to the root get left behind by the conversion.
A second issue is that the initial menus you have put years into setting up do not converted into the Solution Explorer equivalent. (Menu Filtering/Finecut is a way of controlling what parts of a menu the user sees and is therefore the equivalent of the initial menu in the oneworld menus.)

If either of these is an issue to you (and frankly I dont understand why more companies dont choose to convert their initial menus into finecut - because it takes half an hour to do the job 100% perfectly) then (apologies for the selling) I would advise you to contact me to use my tool.

Otherwise you are looking at a 3 month project.

Cheers

Back