Massive Processing Option "UPDATE"

Christian Audet

Christian Audet

Staff member
Massive Processing Option \"UPDATE\"

Hi List,

** This issue is under OneWorld B733.2 SP16.1 **

OK, I need a strange thing here!

I have a report with +-50 version and I need a way to update one field from the processing option in all of the version from this report. Ok I have to admit that this is not supported by JDEdwards but most of the unsupported stuff by JDEdwards have a workaround.

Talking about workaround, I need to tell you that I was able to build a program to update the "jobqueue" of 3000 version on the server. It's working great and it's very usefull. But with the same technique I'm not able to update a processing option value. I can understand that this is harder since the processing Option are not necessarily the same from version to version since they are "user defined format".

Anyway, maybe somebody on this list know a way to view and update the blob in f983051 wich I assume contain the processing values.

Any sugestion will be appreciated.

Christian Audet

Implementing B7333 (Xe) SP14.1, SQL
(Support B732, B7331 and B7332)

RE: Massive Processing Option \"UPDATE\"

Christian,

I don't have any suggestions or ideas that can help you,
but I'm REALLY interested in how you changed the "jobbqueue"
on over 3000 ubes! This is something I've been looking for
for a long time.

Jim.

Re: Massive Processing Option \"UPDATE\"

Hi Jim and everybody,

Some update on my issue, I was able to build a report that go thru a list of version and prompt the user for the processing option values, it's not as fast as we were expecting since we were expecting a report to enter the new value automatically. It's still fast enought to use it since it's able to update 50 version in 2 minutes.

I'm still looking for somebody who is able to update the blob in F983051 wich will be really faster than my technique.

Ok ! for you Jim that want to know what I did to update the Jobqueue of 3000 version in +-20 minutes here it is :

- Build a report that use table f983051 as a input.
- In the main section of this report you should write Event Rule to :
.... Check-Out the version on your workstation
.... Change the Job Queue
.... Check-In the version to the Server
.... Data Selection should include :
------ Version is not check-out

It's look simple and it is !

It took +- 20 minutes to update 3000 versions.

Just Go to P98305 (Batch Version) and all you code should look like the one under "check-in", "check-out" and "version detail"

Christian

Implementing B7333 (Xe) SP14.1, SQL
(Support B732, B7331 and B7332)

Would you be willing to send the ER for this app?

Stewart,

Since that thread is one year old and since the fact that this code was working in B733.2 and not in XE. I will have to check if I can still find this code. Last time that I've tried it, it was not compatible anymore with XE because of the new OMW Maintain Object API. Let me see if I can find something to accomodate in XE for you.

Christian Audet

Re: Massive Processing Option

Christain,

I'm currently on Xe for which you say your workaround does not work, but will be going to ERP8 over the next few months. Sounds like I would be able to make use of your technique after the upgrades. Were you ever able to post the ER for your process? I've been trying to figure out how to do this for a while.

Thanks for sharing the wealth.

I was told yesterday by a friend that tested my technique that it's working in Xe too !

Sometime it's impossible to give code, but as I told in this thread go to P98305 and look what the system do when you "check-in", "version detail" and "check-out", then you do the same in a report. The only thing I have change it's in "version detail" I change a variable that contain the job queue. That's it I ran the report and it's updating as many version as your data selection is specifying. The key of the success is P98305 under three buttons.

Christian

Not sure if you are aware, but I have a tool to change it on the fly...

Regards,
Alex.

Hello Alex,
Can you sen it to me? Or you are selling it?

Kind Regards

Mauri

Back
Top Bottom