Mass Item Branch Change

bkg73123

Data Browser - V4102A [Item Branch Revisions]
P41026
W41026E
Field Name: Order Policy Value

I have three thousand part numbers that require a value change in this field. These are broken down into three lists. Each list requires a different value.

I was trying to use the Item Branch Field Update to enter
the criteria and list of part numbers to do a mass change. However, the Order Policy Value field is not listed
as an available field to edit.
Data Browser - V983051A [Version List Primary - New Business View] R41805

I don't see where to obtain the version info.
All I see is JPD810.

Can someone please help me with this?

Thank you.

Hi,

I am not really sure if there's a app (IV) to do the mass update...anyways you can ask your CNC admin to do the mass updating in the database level in F4102 in OPV alias...

However i've run a check on other tables with OPV alias, the following list came up, so just double check these tables if you need to update it also...

PRODDTA DATASOURCE
F4101
F4101M
F4101Z1
F4102
F41UI001
FF30L501

Hope this helps.

Hi!
What we have done is to export all items (item branch or item master records) to Excel, do mass updates and upload the data to P4101Z1. Then run R4101Z1 to update item/branch records

This requires some mapping from excel to P4101Z1, most important columns are the update mode (Add new record or Update) and what level you're updating on (item master / Item Branch)
You need to include ALL fields, even if only one of the fields is updated as this process will replace current values with whatever data you upload to P4101Z1

This works pretty well but you'll need to make sure that your numeric fields are correctly formatted as regards to decimals If you pull data out from the database using ODBC, it will remove the decimals from the data and you need to divide these fields (usually fields such as safety stock, MoQ etc,) by 100 to get decimals back in place before youo upload the data to P101Z1

Needless to say, we only did this as SQL was not allowed.. and i think SQL would be safer if you only want to update one field :)

Hope this helps
/Aarto

Back