Mask Formatting

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Hi JDELister,

I would like to use MASK formatting.
Maybe, I did not make my search properly, but I have not found any help neither in the documentation, nor on Customer Connection.

I just found a very brief explanation in the on-line help and a post on JDEList, that MASK formatting works only in Word software.

Can somebody confirm, that MASK formatting has no effect in OneWorld?

If it works in OneWorld, then can somebody point me in the right direction to locate a bit more detailed help about that or provide me with a bit help, how can I use it.

This time on XE SP 23 and mainly in APPL is in focus.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Zoltán

I'm not sure what this means, could you describe what the MASK formatting is/does? Maybe EOne uses a different term, or something.

Hi Seg,

Everywhere, where you can declare Display Rule for an item (e.g. in Data Dictionary), you can select one of the following from UDC: H98/DR:

*RAB
*RABN
*RAZ
CODE
MASK

Please, check it on your system.

Regards,

Zoltán

Just for e-mail Listers (because I have already edited my post on the internet site).

Oooops, I missed Word vs. World - please, omit this part of my previous post - excuse me
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif

Zoltán

The display rule of MASK is an available data dictionary display rule in the PeopleSoft World software. However, this display rule has never been incorporated or functional in the EnterpriseOne software. Although it is available within the data dictionary in the EnterpriseOne software, no functionality is associated with the display rule and therefore nothing occurs when attaching it to a data item.

Thanks,
Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your confirmation, that MASK formatting really has no functionality in OneWorld.

I will have to work out my solution.

Regards,

Zoltán

Back