Logs growing on ENT

crnarender

ENT server starts growing jde_XXXXX logs between 5GB - 15GB within 4min time, it starts suddenly, we could not reproduce the same, it happens suddenly, same time two jdenet_k takes 100% CPU and it never releases.

error in the log files:

"OPEN TABLE NOT CLOSED F4211" same line repeats for million times, appreciate any positive reply (opened a call with GSS but as you know same slow response).

Attachments

• 71441-debug2.zip
    723.8 KB · Views: 87
I have seen this type of thing before. Just like you I could not reproduce it. I usually run my enterprise servers with ShowErrors=1 in the JDE.INI. This allows for easy troubleshooting when a user reports a problem with a UBE. (I purge these files with a nightly batch file) However this also means that if we get a runaway process like what you are reporting then the logs fill up and we might run out of disk space. I have discovered that this setting is now dynamic. I don't remember it always being that way. So now I tend to leave ShowErrors=0 and then just change it when I need to troubleshoot the enterprise server. It takes effect immediately.

Why does the log fill up with messages like this? I don't know. It seems that the kernel process goes "insane" and enters an endless loop logging the same message repeatedly. It only happens every once in a while. I wish I could be of more help. I have seen problems with the Sales order tables as you mentioned but also with other tables. So it does not appear to be 1 particular UBE that does this.

Regards,

Thanks for your info, this really frustrating us, we are not able to reproduce but all of sudden it happens.

Hi Miller,

Did you fix this problem? If so, We are curious to know how did you fix this. We found out there are some C business functions those are not closing table F4211 explicitly. We were under impression that this might be causing the logs grown problem. We are clueless at this point.

It would be greatly appreciated if you can let us know any resolution for this.

Thanks
Anji Thimmisetty

Back