Localized "Customer Ledger" Program-Subtotal by Doc Ty

Starforce2011

Starforce2011

Localized \"Customer Ledger\" Program-Subtotal by Doc Ty

Dear Fellows;

We have some Turkish localization programs in JDE World A.7.3. which are not working properly. One of them is "Customer Ledger". The only problem is : although this report produces correct information in terms of details, it gives all the lines of the same invoices/documents. We would like to view the report more summarized as grouped by document number. For example:

Doc Date Doc Ty Doc No Debit Credit Expl.
-------- ------ ------ ----- ------ -----
01/02/12 RI 41900321 1.500 Item#1..
01/02/12 RI 41900321 1.000 Item#2..
01/02/12 RI 41900321 3.200 Item#1..
01/04/12 RC 41920111 5.700 Payment

(*) How can we group the report by document number and so shorten and summarize it to let it in a format that can be submitted to our customers complaining about our long detailed reports as follows?

01/02/12 RI 41900321 5.700 SalesInv

I investigated and tried everything to fix it from "processing options" ; "data selection" and "report parameters" , but not able to make it.

My concern is to take your idea , where to make the change or modification in the report so that it can run it <group by doc no"..Somehow, it should be a change in the sql query running at behind. How can I monitor the sql code of this program/query?

Many thanks and regards...
Ozgur

Re: Localized \"Customer Ledger\" Program-Subtotal by Doc Ty

You would have to write a customized program to do this.=C2=A0 Or if you ha ve a data warehouse, you could report out of the data warehouse the way you want.=C2=A0 That is the way I would attack this situation.
=C2=A0
John Dickey

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Fellows;

[...]

(*) How can we group the report by document number and so shorten and summarize it to let it in a format that can be submitted to our customers complaining about our long detailed reports as follows?

01/02/12 RI 41900321 5.700 SalesInv

I investigated and tried everything to fix it from "processing options" ; "data selection" and "report parameters" , but not able to make it.

My concern is to take your idea , where to make the change or modification in the report so that it can run it <group by doc no"..Somehow, it should be a change in the sql query running at behind. How can I monitor the sql code of this program/query?

Many thanks and regards...
Ozgur

[/ QUOTE ]

Ozgur -

If your localized application was written to allow hierarchical totaling', then Dream Writer alllows you to specify the 'Total Level' on your report sequencing fields.

However, this DW functionality only works if the necessary code to handle hierarchical totaling is included in the localized program.

Regards,

Hi Steve,

It seems that we will have to call our local country JDE developper team so that they can modify the source code of their program for the setup of the hierarchical subtotaling. I think they will do that via RPG programming, right?

Many thanks for your prompt reply.
Regards,
Ozgur

You're John. It seems a local technical consultant has to look at to the source code and to insert "group by doc no" function in the program. For the moment, it does not seem possible for me to do that with my poor standart user profile
smile.gif
Many thanks for your kind remarks...
Regards..

This is where you can start to cost justify a data warehouse, if you don't have one already.=C2=A0 You are going to spend money modifying code and the n having to support that modification forever.=C2=A0 Whereas with a data wa rehouse, the users are in control of how they want to see their data.
=C2=A0
John Dickey

Hi

This is a change in code and you need a technical guy to change in code.

if you have any question call me 919922969470

Hi Dharmendra;

Thank you very much...As a general question :

How can I view a source code of a program on the normal JDE session menu? Is there any hidden shortcut path to reach on that menu?

Thanks..
Regards,
Ozgur

You cannot view source code from a JDE menu.=C2=A0 You have to be able to a ccess IBM (note I say IBM and not JDE) programming menu type functions to l ook at source code.
=C2=A0
John Dickey

Back