Local web frustrations with 9.1.3.1...

swhitmire

Reputable Poster
Can somebody send me the jde.ini, jdbj.ini, and jas.ini from a development client with the local web working with an Oracle local database (and WebSphere, preferably, but beggars can't be choosers)? Clear out anything sensitive beforehand, obviously.

I'm having a terrible time getting it to start the local web server and I'm not sure why... whether WebSphere is running or not when I start JDE, when I try to start the local web, I get "Could not start Web Server". The only log with anything meaningful in it is the LOCALWEB_JDE.LOG, which says:

11860/3444 Tue Jul 02 16:08:19.010 JDELocalweb.cpp548
check App server returned status code: 500, The operation completed successfully.

11860/3444 Tue Jul 02 16:08:19.011 JDELocalweb.cpp548
Ping error: web application server is not configured correctly.

11860/3444 Tue Jul 02 16:08:19.011 JDELocalweb.cpp548
Ping response is: Error 500: (com/peoplesoft/e1/container/MafletServiceContainer) bad major version at offset=6

Ok, by switching to ojdbc6.jar I cleared up the odd errors in the localweb log. But it's still not working -- I get the same messages when I try to start the local web. I uninstalled the Windows service for WebSphere, since I know that was a problem with WS6.1, but that didn't work. In the startServer.log, it appears that it starts WS successfully then immediately tries to start it again and fails because it's already running. Anybody got any ideas??

I'm having the exact problem in my environment on a new Windows 7 PC I'm setting up. I hope someone here can help.
confused.gif

I'm having the same issue here. Starts one instance without issue and then tries opening a second, which fails. ADMU3027E: An instance of the server may already be running: server1

I removed the Websphere service using the "wasservice -remove <nodeName>" command after installing the webdev feature.

I've installed this successfully on two other Windows 7 PCs. I'm really frustrated.

I hope someone else can help.

I solved it in my environment. Another piece of software called,acm-7.2.032-install.exe (AT&T Communication manager) breaks the Web Dev feature. Uninstalled it on my box,and it started working again.

This time around I had installed this software after I installed all of the JDE stuff. I'm not sure what will happen if, as I originally attempted, the AT&T software is installed before the JDE software.

In my case it was that for some reason WebSphere was on port 9081 instead of 9080. Switching the webport setting in the jde.ini fixed it. I'm still having trouble, though -- now the connection is made and the local web comes up, but trying to run anything results in an error connecting to the local database. Anyone have an example for the database sections of the jde.ini and jdbj.ini with it working with the Oracle local database?

Hi Any success with this. I am experiencing the same issue. I have a case open with Oracle on this as well.

Hi,

Resolved the issue..

In your jdbj.ini file of your local client, change the JDBJ-SPC data source from Local to Central object. It will work fine

Won't that mean that I'm using the central objects for my local web specs instead of the local specs, though?

Back