Local database required for deployment server 9.1

Amien

Well Known Member
Hi :
I found in the MTR deployment server 9.1 that If the deployment server is running on Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 (64-bit), then Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Service Pack 3 is required as the local database is supported but in the "Applications Installation Guide Release 9.1 for Microsoft Windows with SQL Server" in section "work with deployment server" i found this Also beginning with Release 9.1, only the Oracle Enterprise Edition (OEE) database is supported as the local database on the Deployment Server.

And the MTR said Customer may choose to use Oracle Database 11g R2 Enterprise Edition as the local database for the Deployment Server if they intend to standardize on Oracle technology or if they are concerned about exceeding the 4 GB data limit with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express.

My question is " <font color="red"> </font> SQL Server 2005 Express Edition SP3, is it supported with JDE E1 9.1?"

http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=175994&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

I have a call open with them on this exact issue right now. Their initial response is that they didn't understand the question.

Wait till you try and install the platform pack...

Extract from the latest response to my SR
<font color="red">
Thank you for the update.

MTR needs to be updated regarding NON support of SSE with App release 9.1.

Following is the update you will find in the installation guide 9.1 for Deployment server.

Note: Local Database. Applications Release 9.1 supports only the
Oracle Enterprise Edition (OEE) as the local database. It does not
support Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition (SSE); however,
Applications Release 9.0 supports both OEE and SSE.

That is the reason the only installer for the Deployment Server that you can find on edelivery.oracle.com is for Oracle local database only.

I hope I answered your query. </font>

Well thanks for that Oracle.

Yes, I noticed that too - it's all a bit messed up, all around.

The installer does not offer this as a choice, next it specifically checks for E1Local instance of OEE and finally I don't think it comes with SQL data, so it does look like OEE is the only choice here...

And I'm also wondering if the W7 x64 MTR for the WEB clients is in fact just a typo too...

I spoke last week with Gary Greishaber and AJ Schifano at Oracle. They said the Win7 64-bit requirement was a policy decison, not a technical decision. They said the flavor of IE is more important, 8 or 9. You can use 32-bit OS's all the way down to Windows 2000 (they were iffy on Vista), but if you call support, you will have to be able to reproduce the problem on a supported OS, that is, Win7 64-bit.

Back