list of fields used on UBE

bvrancken

Hi everyone.

Someone has asked me if it is possible to generate a list of all the tables and all the fields of those tables that are being used in a certain report.

So for example, for R42565 (print invoice) I would like to be able to see that from the F4211 table, DOCO and KCOO and DCTO and LNID and SOQS and etc, etc are being used, and from F42565, CITM and BSDVAL and etc, are being used.

I don't know if this is possible. I haven't worked with JDE for very long but I haven't heard of a way to do this. So if any of you know a way to create a list of all the fields being used on a report, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

B,

Look at Patwel's Object Browser:
http://www.patwel.com/

Though it might not provide exactly what you are looking for - it provides a dang great snapshot of your object.

I use it daily, and consider it one of my Developer Required Tools (it goes with me on every project).

(db)

[ QUOTE ]
Look at Patwel's Object Browser:
http://www.patwel.com/

Though it might not provide exactly what you are looking for - it provides a dang great snapshot of your object.

I use it daily, and consider it one of my Developer Required Tools (it goes with me on every project).

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

Well, the thing is ... its not just the tables/fields directly referenced by R42565. What about all the Business Functions called by R42565 and the network of BSFNs that the top level BSFNs call?

You did not specify in the reason for your requirement (database security?) - but I don't know how you could reliably identify every table/field touched by runs of the Invoicing Program other than:
a) spend a lot of time going thru the source code step by step tracing BSFN calls, etc. Good luck with that.
b) hire a consultant who really knows the Sales and A/R modules who could identify 99% of the tables affected and most of the fields.

Someone will say turn on the JDE debug log. You can do that but it will only take you to the table level (thanks to binding). In addition your test scenario will need to include every order scenario for your business to ensure that you've exercides the conditional features applicable to your business/region.

If on the other hand someone just wants to know the table and field names for Sales and A/R reporting purposes - that's a much simpler proposition.

Back