Launch report interconnect with the report as variable

Jorge Molina

Jorge Molina

I need to make a report, that main report launch another 7 reports. in the future will be added new reports and will also have to run from the main report. The reports are saving in a table whith his versions, and the reports have to be executed in a exactly order, indicated in the table. My idea is to make a fetch next over the table and for each line make a report interconnect passing it as a variable the report code and the version. would be possible to do this?. excuse me my poor english. Thanks
confused.gif

Yes, but not using report interconnect.

You need to use BSFN to pass a parameterized report name and version.

Main report can run over a main business view over your custom table; for each line you can call a bsfn to run the sub report.

If you need to pass DS values you need to code a custom BSFN to fill the report DS (assuming all report have the same DS).

Best regards.

Bruno Condemi.

i found this BSFN B9800240 (call UBE application) but i call it and the function makes nothing. I´m trying to execute R42520 and XJDE0002, this is the code:
=======================================================================
SECTION: Principal [GROUP SECTION] ()
=======================================================================
OBJECT: SECTION
EVENT: Do Section
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
0001 Call UBE Application (B9800240)
PO szProgramId -> BF szProgramId
PO szVersion -> BF szVersion
PO Errores_EV01 -> BF cSuppressErrorMessages
PO Impresion_EV01 -> BF cPrintFlag

as i am testing the BSFN the parameters are in the processing options. i don't know because the BSFN do nothing.

Try X983052 BSFN.

If you need to know how to use look at P98305 application.

I forgot to inform that in latest release (I don't know your) you can call report only in asynch mode from BSFN.

Thanks is a great answer, not thought of it to use the BV, that just does what I want. Thanks another time.
smile.gif

Hi Bruno,

Can you give more detail on what you mean here? We have a generic "job stream" UBE that executes a series of UBEs listed in a table using the LaunchUBEEx API. They do indeed run in synchronus fashion with 8.98.3.4.

Craig

[ QUOTE ]
I forgot to inform that in latest release (I don't know your) you can call report only in asynch mode from BSFN.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bruno, the above statement is what I'm curious about. We are not seeing this behaviour, i.e. synch UBE calling is working.

Ok understand; so this is the beahviours expected on synch flag:

Starting with release 8.9 & higher, setting bSynchFlag to True to call a UBE synchronouly in a business function mapped through OCM to run on the Server is NOT allowed anymore; only Asynchronous call to UBE is allowed. The business function, called by itself or in a parent business function, will fail on the server with the following message in the Call Object Kernel jdelog: "Error UBE0000007: attempting to call Report and Version Rxxx Vzzz synchronously from within a CallObject Kernel". If the business function is called in a Parent UBE, synchronous call to the Child UBE is allowed as long as the business function is mapped to run on the same server as the Parent UBE. If there is a Server Map OCM for the business function to run on a different server than the Parent UBE server, the business function calling the UBE synchronously will fail with the error UBE0000007 in the Call Object.

Can you confirm this?

Yes, that makes total sense. In our case, the BSFN is called from a UBE with no OCM override for the function so they all run in the UBE process, not a CallObject kernel.

thanks for the clarification,
Craig

Back