jt400.jar when connecting to iSeries from Windows JAS Server

serenity_now

We have been plagued with issues where a few times a week users constantly receive popups saying "java.sql.SQLException: [SQL0519] Prepared statement STMT0029 in use."
When this happens we also start receiving "Unknwon JAS Sign In Error" when users try to login and eventually we have to restart the web instance. Then all can be fine for a few days (or in some cases, hours).

I have been working with Oracle and provided countless logs and they eventually pointed me towards IBM after nothing seemed to fix the problem. I am at a point now where I am looking to upgrade the JTOpen jdbc driver, we are currently at 5.3.

IBM is saying that you don't really need to update the JTOpen driver on the iSeries as it doesnt use this natively and that I could just go ahead and install the latest JTOpen driver (jt400.jar) on the web servers. Does anyone have experience with this?

Serenity,

Yes this is true. However I tend to try to keep my ES and CA at the same level, I have however had them out of sync on occasion with no ill effects.

Tom

Back