JDE OneWorld on NEW IBM iSeries units

CNC Pro

Hello Folks,

We have a JDE OneWorld install with our Enterprise server been an IBM AS/400 (840). The plan is to move off our current iSeries P40 ( 840 ) AS/400 to the new iSeries P20 ( 550 ). The reason behind this is purely to drive down the cost of maintaining the 840. IBM have been really been aggressive with there pricing lately.
The new iSeries unit ( 550 ) does come with a handicap. It runs in batch mode only ( no interactive sessions – green screen access).
I have 5 developers here that rely quite heavy on the use of the AS/400 Query tool to create files/tables and manipulate data. We tried using MS Access, which works well but the problem comes in when we bring tables across that have over 1 million records increasing the traffic on the LAN and bigger hard drivers are required on the Developers machine.

Question: ( cut a long story short )
Can anybody out there recommend another tool similar to that of the Query 400 that would create files/tables on the 400 and run in batch mode?

Doesn't iSeries Navigator do everything you need it to? If you aren't familiar with it, I would get it installed on your PC's to see if it fits your needs.

I use it to:
-manage performance
-object management
-SQL Queries
-SQL Optimization
-Object/table creation
-manage security

...on a 270 with zero interactive.

Good Luck.

Back