JDE.INI in Home Directory

Michael Coenen

Hello,

JDEList has been very helpful on my previous problems and issues, but i have been unable to find the answer to my current question. This is my very first post here, so please bare with me.

Currently we are working with several Citrix Servers, when people log into OneWorld XE, a JDE.INI is written to their mapped homedrive, in "P:\Windows" to be exact.

I have been unsuccesful to determine why it is written to P:\Windows.

I already looked in the INI itself and figured the OutputDirectory setting might be culprit (it was set to P:\Windows) changing it had no effect however. It appeared this only had effect on the location to where the PDF's were stored.

What setting should i change to make this M:\Windows for example?

Thanks in advance,
Michael Coenen

This is normal behavior for E1 on a Citrix server. E1 will normally write a copy of the JDE.INI to the user's designated profile directory. If you want it to be M:\WINDOWS, then the entry for the user's Windows profile should be mapped to there.

A good explanation of all the nuances of why and where the JDE.INI file gets written is in MetaLink Doc ID 631632.1 (link).

Michael,
I have attached a doc that I compiled that may give you some additional insight on how terminal server handles the jde.ini file.

Bill Patow
Sr JDE CNC Consultant

Back