JDE.ini File

kiran g

kiran g

Well Known Member
I have installed JDE 8.10 enterprise server.
In the jde.ini file that was copied from Deployment server , there is no entry for security server. What shud be the value for this security server ? Also how to change the value of jde.ini file..I mean if we change the value in jde.ini file on deployment server , do the file changes get reflected automatically on enterprise server OR do we have to manually copy the file on Enterprise server ?
Also I am getting an error while running PORTTEST.
service (PORTTEST) could not be registered.
Is this error due to jde.ini file problems?

Kiran,

It seems as if you are struggling a bit with this install. Has your company considered outsourcing this work to the states?

[ QUOTE ]
In the jde.ini file that was copied from Deployment server , there is no entry for security server. What shud be the value for this security server ? Also how to change the value of jde.ini file..I mean if we change the value in jde.ini file on deployment server , do the file changes get reflected automatically on enterprise server OR do we have to manually copy the file on Enterprise server ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most likely there are multiple issues with your setup. As BOK suggested, you may want to bring in someone with a little more experience to get you up and running. If, however, you would like help with this specific issue, can you please post the ini. Also, could you please post your system information (operating system/version, dbms/version, etc.)

Good luck.

Kirin...

Couple of things in a 8.10 install/upgrade...

1. Security server should NOT be on at either the DS or ES's until the installation/upgrade is completed. In fact, I believe there's even a blurb in the install/upgrade manual about making a backup of the F00950 and using one that has absolutely no records in it until you finish the install/upgrade.

2. The .ini on the DS (I'm assuming you are speaking of the one under the HOSTS directory) is indeed the one that is grabbed during an install of a ES. However, if you did the install and didn't make the changes first, you'll obviously want to go in and correct things at a later time.

3. Your error message could be solved with OTI-02-0073, but without knowing platform and .INI settings, etc., I couldn't for sure tell you if that solution will work or even applies in your case.

Guys,
I was able to run PORTTEST but now it fails for environments like PS810 and PD810.

platform info :

Installing JDE ONe world 8.10
Deployment Server :windows 2000 server
Enterprise Server: windows 2000 server
Oracle 9.2 database installed on the same machine as Deployment server.Central objects loaded successfully.
DS and ES machines are different.

Attaching the JDE.ini file and also the log file when PORTTEST ran for PD810 environmenmt.

-
Abhijit.

Attachments

• 100811-jdelogs&JDE.ini.zip
    4 KB · Views: 147
What did you exactly mean by outsourcing this work to the states? I didnt quite get your point here.

Tim

Quote:
Kiran,

It seems as if you are struggling a bit with this install. Has your company considered outsourcing this work to the states?

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------
Brother Of Karamazov/Jeff Stevenson

Back