JDE application as attachment - Citrix

jdee108

Hello list,
I am using the Send Message System Function to email the JDE application Link as attachement to the users. The users are able to open the email link attachment on their fat client, but not on Citrix. Any ideas what needs to be done to open the JDE link(email attachment) on citrix.

XE/B7333

We have tried this. I am sure there should be a way. But in the end, we found out that the mail should be on the same server or else it does not work. It has something to do with NFUSE also. There are some old posting here but they did not help us.

Correct, this was an issue that was long documented in the past. I'm not sure that anyone ever worked out how to get around this, but in effect, the issue is that JDE doesn't exist on the local FAT client, and therefore outlook (windows explorer actually) doesn't know how to pass the information through to the citrix session correctly.

The only method to get around this is for the users to run ALL applications - including Outlook - on the citrix session. That way, anything "opened" up will correctly pass through the data correctly.

There was some research into trying to create some sort of shortcut that would open citrix, and then pass through the information into the seamless window (thereby starting JDE etc) - but I'm not sure how far you want to attempt to go with this.

Lastly, if running all microsoft applications through Citrix is not an option - the only other way is for your workflow messages to occur through the JDE workcenter mail messages instead of through outlook - that way, the user is already logged into OneWorld.

Under the web, of course, this isn't such an issue, since a URL is passed to the user instead of a JDE shortcut. But, that doesn't help much (!)

jdee108,

We are on XE and have a similiar issue. We have a custom application for creating a requistion, and want JDE to send a message to the approver to approve the requistion. Our solution was to have JDE send an email with a link to a JDE web server. The approver opens the message, clicks on the link, which opens a browser and takes them directly to the requisiton that needs to be approved. that solution has been in place for almost seven years. In fact, that turned out to be the ONLY thing we implimented on the web with XE.

As a side note, that webserver is running WAS 4. I will be upgrading it to our new standard, OAS 10.1.3, which is now supported for XE. Then starting next year, hopefully, we will begin our upgrade to 8.12 or 9.0.

Gregg

Thanks Jon and Greg.
We curretly have some applications in JDE, that send messages to Workcenter and outlook mail. The users would like to open the attachment from the Outlook mail and Outlook is not configured on Citirx.
and We do not have Webserver configured.

That leaves me with one option to let the users open the emails on citrix.

Thanks for your suggestion. I am checking with Citrix customer support too on this. I will update the list if I hear some alternate solution/ workaround from Cirix support. Thanks again.

jdee108,
Are you using NFUSE or simply the windows client for Citrix? There was an older white paper on the knowledge garden (ott-02-0053) that described how to associate applications on both the Citrix server and on every client. Once done, you should be able to send .jde shortcuts through your mail server and have them open up in a seamless window. We have used it in the past with success. However, this does not work for clients using NFUSE.

Xe, Update 7, AS/400, Citrix PS 4.5, Webphsere 6.0

Yes - I forgot all about that whitepaper - it demonstrates how to get the citrix shortcuts working under the citrix win32 client (not via nfuse as previously mentioned).

If you cannot find the paper on the knowledge garden - try searching my website for it (as a registered user, you get access to "lost" knowledge documents like this !)

Back