JDE 812 - 2005 SQL Server

Al Marquez

We recently upgraded all of our JDE 812 databases from SQL2K to SQL2005. We are running on the Oracle Application Server.

The SQL2K databases were dumped then SQL2K was uninstalled and all registry references were removed. Then SQL2005 version was installed and the JDE databases restored to the new install.

Since doing so we are getting an error that says:
"Unable to locate security server" on all our clients except the Deployment server. I have already downloaded type 4 JDBC drivers and installed them on the Application server and JAS servers.

Where do we go from here...I am trying to find out how and where the JDBC driver references need to be set. I am also wondering if the JDBC connectors could cause the error we are getting. Any help is greatly appeciated.

Hi Al,

What is your 8.96 Tools Release?
If my memory doesn't fail, you have to be at least on
8.96G1 for supporting SQL 2005

Thanks for the reply...how do I determine what version of the 8.96 tools release I'm on ?

You do need to be on at least 8.96_G1 and you need to ensure that the jdbj.ini has the following.

[JDBj-JDBC DRIVERS]
SQLSERVER=com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

Hi,

Run (on your Deployment) a search for the file ptf.log,
it usually resides somewhere under
\jdedwardsoneworld\e812\system\bin32

Open that file, it will clearly state what is your
Tools Release.

Thanks for the information we are EnterpriseOne 8.96 D1.

Now I am curious about how to get on to the proper tools release.
I have also been told to install the Native 2005 client on all of the servers more specifically our deployment and security server. As well as a hot fix from Microsoft - KB925227.

Problem was solved below is a list of what was done to get everything running under SQLSERVER 2005.

1. Installed the recommended hotfix 925277 - This should
be included with SP2 when available.

2. Download and install SQLSERVER 2005 Native Client (SNAC)

3. Download and install the type 4 jdbc drivers for SQL2005 on all clients and servers.

4. Reconfigure your odbc's to use the new SQL2005 odbc
drivers.

5. Change the jdbj.ini to include the following jdbc dot notation - comes before sqlserver in 2000 and after in 2005:

SQL Server
2005 [JDBj-JDBC DRIVERS]
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

SQL Server
2000 [JDBj-JDBC DRIVERS]
com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

6. On the has JAS server I searched for instances of sqlserver.jar and replaced the JDE entry from sqlserver.jar to sqljdbc.jar.

Back