E9.1 JAS_MSG317 Duplicate Key Not Allowed

FrankCLT

Well Known Member
Hello,

I have a Headerless Detail Form and when pressing the OK button I receive the following error. I have looked at all the grid values (specific to the primary key) and the table itself to confirm that there are NO duplicates but yet this message appears. If I press the OK after the error, it will still write the record. I have looked at the debug logs but the don't point to who the culprit is. Any ideas? We are 9.1.

Thank you,
FrankCLT

1653421973356.png

The error message says the application is the P554015. This is probably a customised copy of the P4015, so there may be a bug with the custom code.

Happy Holiday,

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, it's not as straight forward. This is almost a completely custom app. The file uses the data and time as part of the key, and when inserting records, the system is fast enough to cause a duplicate key message. I tested this by adding 1 second MergeWait BSFN after a write and it worked flawlessly. Don't like doing it that way, but what other method can I use to bump the time between inserts?

Thank you in advance,
FrankCLT

Before 9.2, the F9312 table had the same problem. In 9.2 Oracle changed it to use milliseconds and created a millisecond API. However, the API is F9312 specific, but you could try and see if Oracle has created a generic millisecond API since then.

If your table is custom, you could also look at adding the UKID field to it and use the X0010 business function to allocate a next number to make each record unique. If that's not possible then delaying each record insertion by 1 second maybe your only solution.

Back