JAS Server Issues, Web Exceptions, JAS Sign In Errors, etc.

serenity_now

We are starting to have to frequently restart our Production instance as we keep getting errors. Lately this has been happening at least 1 time per day. When this occurs users are getting Web Client Exceptions as well as popups telling them [SQL_EXCEPTION_OCCURRED] An SQL exception occurred: [SQL0519] Prepared statement STMT0007 in use.

At the same time users are sporadically not able to login to this web instance and we receive emails via Server Manager telling us "An unknown JAS sign in error occurred. Please contact the System Administrator". The only solution to get rid of these errors and get the jas instance working again is to restart it in Server Manager. We have 2 web servers and the other web server doesnt seem to suffer this same fate at the frequency this one does.

I have browsed tonnes of articles on Meta Link and used the WAS Tuning guide to tune all my settings to the reccomened settings. I have even increased the JVM Heap as reccomended in one of the guides. Nothing seems to help.

I have opened tickets with Oracle but I never seem to get far with them, usually it ends up as them reccomending we upgrade our tools/JAS servers which isnt an easy solution for us right now as we run things like WSG (Web Services Gateway) that are not supported past 8.97.25.

Users are also reporting that are frequently getting the spinning "Processing" icon a lot more frequently and are forced to logoff and log back into the system. We have applied all of the Internet Explorer reccomended fixes from the Oracle articles including the max connections fix. I am not sure if these 2 issues are related or not, but they are both crippling.

We are running JDE 8.12 on Tools Release 8.97.25. Our 2 Web Servers are running IBM WebSphere Application Server, 6.0.2.21. Has anyone else experienced these types of errors?

Let me know if there is anything specific you need to know/see. JDEList seems to be my last resort to get some sort of clarity on this issue.

Back