JAS server Hardware Spec

Soul Glo

Soul Glo

VIP Member
I am trying to provide our engineering team with the specs for our 8.11 upgrade servers. I asked for 2 P4 Xeon Dual Core processor machines with 4GB or RAM each; however the cost is a concern. I wanted to know if 2P4 Xeon Single Processors with 4GB or RAM will be adequate.

They also wants me to find out if we should have separate raid containers for the OS and for JDE. We try to get the vendor to make some recommendations since they are an Oracle Partner however they have not provided us with any feedback.

I want to have these servers sized correctly so that we do not risk having to upgrade anything but memory in the near future.

Thanks for your feedback.

Depends on how you want to set up your WAS/JAS server. The basic sizing rule for these servers is generally 1 CPU for OS/WAS, and 1 CPU for each JAS instance you want to run. Then you generally just need 2GB RAM per processor. So, for 1 instance, a 2 way box with 4GB memory should be sufficient.

Ok, now the caveat...always, ALWAYS get the sizing signed off by your hardware vendor.

Back