Item Tracking

prasach

Hi List,

We have a scenario where for eg we recieve a shaft of lengtht 10 mt.This shaft is then used to make a number of sleeves & also to make other material.So my question is how to track this scenario(especially for the Unit of measure conversion)

regards

Sachin Bhate

You might want to look at another forum becuase I believe someone had this
same exact issue and there were a couple of different answers given..

We have a scenario where for eg we recieve a shaft of lengtht 10 mt.This
shaft is then used to make a number of sleeves & also to make other
material.So my question is how to track this scenario(especially for the
Unit of measure conversion)

regards

Sachin Bhate

Sounds like you need dual units of measure--both length and pieces. This is
not supported in the current version of JDE, but is scheduled to be released
on a future version of OneWorld. Other clients have had to do modifications
to support this requirement.

Andy Klee
www.JDETips.com

I think the replies posted for this may have missed the point somewhat. If you have Raw Material that is then Processed into all kinds of wierd and wonderful piece-parts in all kinds of Units of Measure then this is quite normal and I have seen this at most of my Clients.

The answer is simple: you make these Items with a Work Order. JDE does have a Manufacturing Module with Shop Floor Control and Work Orders. The Finished Goods on the WO is produced in the Production UOM and the Raw Material is Issued in the Component UOM. The same Component can be used to make many different end items. How many can be made is simply a matter of Bill of Material configuration. If you don't like Manufacturing & WO's then you can always try Superbackflush to take out some of the pain. If that is too much how about an Inventory Reclassification?

I would guess that the question is more one of "how do I return part used raw material to stock for reuse?" Use the P31113 in reverse to return unused Components.

If the question is "how do I create multiple Finished Goods Part Numbers from one Work Order?" then the answer is to use Process Manufacturing in which you can define multiple Co-Products from the Process in whatever UOM and ratio you desire.

Maybe, Sachin, you can clarify exactly what you wish to achieve & I would be happy to advise.

Well,

As Mark stated the original post needs clarification.

If he is saying that in one mfg process multiple products are generated from the one raw material item then Mark has it right.

If however this is a dimensional inventory problem (after being issued to the WO the remaining shaft - say 2.3m - is returned to inventory - same p/n) then there is no good answer since OneWorld has no good solutions for dimensional inventory.

Back