Issues between Edwards and Adobe Acrobat? Adobe wont print or wont recognize printers

bigwebb83

Issues between Edwards and Adobe Acrobat? Adobe wont print or wont recognize printers

We run JD edwards on citrix servers. The combination of adobe and edwards seems to be flaky at best for us. Sometimes when users open a PDF in acrobat and print everything is fine, however, sometimes, sporadically when users who have been operating fine for months go to open a pdf in acrobat from edwards the printers just don't show up in the printer list. The issue may persist for a few days weeks or even months and then seemingly correct itself. Does anyone have any insight into what might be causing this?

As a side note, when the users save the pdf to the local machine printing is fine nearly 100% of the time.

Re: Issues between Edwards and Adobe Acrobat? Adobe wont print or wont recognize printers

This is an issue with the Citrix server, the client connection, and the printer driver mapping. When the client PC connects, it is supposed to map the user's printers to an available driver on the Citrix server.

There are ways to troubleshoot this, depending on what version of Citrix you are using. There are also several utilities out there to help make sure the printer mappings all work.

Re: Issues between Edwards and Adobe Acrobat? Adobe wont print or wont recognize printers

I just noticed that this is a continuation of a topic originally posted in the Citrix area.

I will continue responses over there ...
blush.gif

Not a direct reply to your issue but a comment that Adobe software in general, and Acrobat in particular has become detested by our entire I.T. department - not just the JDE side.

This is primarily due to deteriorating software quality, product incompatibilities, updates that won't install, updates whose size exceeds the inital software by a substantial factor, and just general flakiness.

Me, I'm with Steve Jobs, Adobe's code is buggy.

I like Foxit Reader.

Loads fast, works well on almost all pdf files.

That said, i have no idea if it works well or at all on Citrix.

Back