issue with TASK VIEW

ksm

I've created a custom application and created a menu/task view for it. The task has the form name and everything, the version etc, no processing options etc... but when i click on the task itme, nothing happen. now if I right click on it and prompt for versions, the version screen pops up and the app works just fine. Why wont the task item run when i click on it? Why must I always prompt for versions/ Any suggestions/ideas would be very much appreciated.....

E810 Windows
Iseries

Have you considered putting the Version in the setup of the Task View?

(db)

_____

Behalf Of ksm
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 11:27 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: issue with TASK VIEW

I've created a custom application and created a menu/task view for it. The
task has the form name and everything, the version etc, no processing
options etc... but when i click on the task itme, nothing happen. now if I
right click on it and prompt for versions, the version screen pops up and
the app works just fine. Why wont the task item run when i click on it? Why
must I always prompt for versions/ Any suggestions/ideas would be very much
appreciated.....

E810 Windows
Iseries

_____

The entire <http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=> JDELIST
thread is available for viewing.

Looking for a job? Check out the Job
forum

This is the JDELIST EnterpriseOne Applications Mailing List.
The instructions on how to unsubscribe from any JDELIST mailing list are
available here <http://www.jdelist.com/unsubscr.shtml> .
JDELIST is not affiliated with JDEdwardsR.

um, actually having the version assigned in the task/item was the problem.... let me try and explain, the custom application does not have a processing option, although it has a version, and apparently if an interactive app does not have proc. option but has separate versions, you cannot assign a version to the task menu item, it won't work, so i removed the version from the task/item and it works fine now......thanks for your reply though.....

Hi ksm,

This is for your information.In the application if is there is no processing option, there is no meaning of creating version of that application.As you can not change the processing/display etc of the application by running thru the version.So it is not allowed in the Task Creation.But in case of batch Application you can create versions (even if no processing option is attached to this )and attached in the Task designing.Because you can set the different dataselection/data sequencing for different versions which will affect the report filter/report processing/report display etc.

Thanks
Pramod

Back