Issue:BarCode Print to Line Printer

lavanyajjde

Hi All,
I have ahad a requirement in another project of mine which is on JDE 8.12 8.98.I am using XML Publisher Ver:10.1.3.2.I need to do immediate print of XML Output having Bar Code to a Line Printer [(Printer Model: oki M590 the specialty of this printer is it has built in barcodes capable of printing CODE39 & CODE128)].

I have few queries:

a)I would like to know that through JDE how to print Bar Code on Line printer.I have the font installed already and I have gone through Oracle documents which tells on how to print it on PCL Printers but how can I print it on a line printer(Dot Matrix Printer). I am able to give print the barcode through the WordPad directly without using JDE.

b)How an XML output behaves when given immediate print given in JDE?

c)Does printing through WordPad same as Print immediate in JDE?

Can anyone guide me regarding this?

Regards,
Lavanya

JDE only supports a basic textfile to a lineprinter, so you will have to do something custom. Windows turns the font into graphics and prints graphics from wordpad, but JDE only sends raw text.

Hi,

I am also having same issue. Can you please elaborate on the something which we need to do custom.

As the printer is line printer having bar codes built in how can we print bar codes on JDE Reports?

Cheers,
Guru.

There is a fairly inexpensive product called RPM Print Manager that will solve this problem for you. We've used it to drive line printers off an I-Series and translate special characters to the escape codes needed by epson printers to shift to embedded barcode fonts.

You'll find it at RPM Print Manager

Hi,
You suggested to do something custom.If you don't mind,can you elaborate? Should we code some Business Function.

I raised a case with Oracle and they told that it is working as designed and that line printers aren't supported.

Kindly advise.

Regards,
Lavanya

I also suggest exploring BarTender software which during my last bar code implementation, at my last employer, we used either in conjuction with or without CreateForm, dependent on the utilization application.

Back