Inventory Item Weight

ssolberg

VIP Member
I must be missing something simple here but... Where in Inventory, particularly the Item Master (or Warehouse Master?), would a person store the weight of the part. I can't seem to find it anywhere! We are NOT a manufacturer but would like to store the weight of a part for reference (usually a shipping issue). I find various reference to "weight" in the manual but I can't seem to just find the field, if one in fact exists. Arrrgghhh... Help?

Once you've inquired on your item in Item Master, press F8 for Measures,
then F8 again for Item Units of Measure conversion screen. (41002)

Liz Brown
Business Systems Analyst
World A7.3 c12

Elizabeth G. Brown

Sannan,

Sometimes the simplest answers are under your nose. Use the UOM Conversion
table (F8 from Item Master, F8 again), and make the EA = 20 Lbs .. or
whatever. Seriously, it is that sadly easy (and I have been there).

JDE World A7.3 11ish

Sannan: From the Item Master screen, hit F8 to get to Default Units of
Measure, then hit F8 again to get to Item Units of Measure. You enter
the conversion rate from your primary unit of measure to any other unit
of measure on this screen.

A7.3c10

David Hambley
J.R. Wood, Inc.

Any opinions expressed are solely those of the sender.

try inventory master ( P4101 ), then do F8 for 'default units of measure'
set the Weight uom ( ie KG ) do F8 again for 'Conversions' and set 1 EA to
equal nn KG ... the conversions are then stored in file F41002 ... hopefully
this correct and makes sense.

Lee Daniels
Copywrite Designs Ltd
Tel: 01223 836 825
Mobile: 07775 826 638
Fax: 01223 833 321
Email: [email protected]
World A7.3 c11

Sannan,It is found on the unit of measure screen where the primary, secondary and purchasing unit definitions are found This allows for the type and then on the UOM conversion, you will need to set a conversion specific to the part for weight to each. Here is an example. If you have a part that is sold in eaches and weighs 1.5 pounds, you first set up the weight as LB then you would set up a UOM conversion to state that part XXXX has 1 each that is equal to 1.5 LB.

ssolberg <[email protected]> wrote:I must be missing something simple here but... Where in Inventory, particularly the Item Master (or Warehouse Master?), would a person store the weight of the part. I can't seem to find it anywhere! We are NOT a manufacturer but would like to store the weight of a part for reference (usually a shipping issue). I find various reference to "weight" in the manual but I can't seem to just find the field, if one in fact exists. Arrrgghhh... Help?
Sannan Solberg
Programmer/Developer/Anything-They-Give-Me
World A7.3 c11
--------------------------
To view this thread, go to:
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=W&Number=54694
+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+
This is the JDEList World™ mailing list/forum.
Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
UNSUBSCRIBE can be found on the JDEList Forum at
http://www.JDEList.com

JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards®

+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.

World, OW B733X and Xe

Thanks for all the responses. I had actually been in there and done things, just not correctly... Sure enough, with info correctly inputted here, the item weight will show up over in Check Price & Availability like I want.

The real "problem" is that we currently import lots of part info from our vendors into JDE. Now they want weight... I was really hoping for just 2 fields someplace for "Weight" and "UOM for that Weight" directly on the Item Master, not requiring me to write all new records out to that F41002 file from the info I get. Oh well, back to the grind.

Greetings,

If it's just a reference you need, you could use the Item Supplemental Database to store the info.

If you really want to have the data accessible from the Item Master, a workaround would be to use the Item Alternative Description function (F11: 41016W). Normally this is used to enter alternate language descriptions, however, the Language Code is a UDC. Set up a code called "VW" (Vendor Weight) or some such, and load the data into the Description fields (there are 2), and the Vendor Name into the Search Text field.

Regards...

Back