Inventory and Purchase Price Level (PPLV)

ssolberg

VIP Member
For many years now, we have not had any inventory using some Contract Pricing (Supplier/Item Revisions) and now we are starting on doing some. First thing I noticed is that this field on the Item Master has to be set to 1 (or 2 but for my instance, it would always be a 1) in order to use this feature.

In reading the help text about this field, it is clear how it works, in particular that if a part does NOT have Supplier/Item (Contract Price) relationship, then it falls through and gets the Cost from F4105 like usual. I've tested this and all seems fine.

Which brings me to my question... Any reason you wouldn't set all parts to a value of 1? The users complaint is that they have to go change all the parts to a 1 before they can make a contract and it is taking up some time. And as new parts are created, why not default in a 1? The second issue is easy enough to handle with changing the Data Dictionary Default and I can handle changing current parts to a 1 with a World Writer. Can anyone give me a good reason why you WOULDN'T want to do this given how the value reacts with looking up the Purchase Price?

We recently started using this feature, and set it to a "2" to allow us to specify prices and costs at a Branch/Plant level. You are correct in your assumptions. If there isn't any price or cost setup for the part it defaults back to the pricing/costing table pointed to by the Branch/Plant Inventory Record.

Back