Invalid Address number error

Shrikanthn

Well Known Member
While creating a Sales Order we are putting the header as Branch Plant 10 but the detail branch plant as 20 (reasons to long to explain). This requires us to key in the detail BP 20 manually. This invariably gives us the error "Invalid Address Number". When we amend any field on the SO line and press the down arrow key the error disappears. This leads me to believe this is a bug rather than any setting issue. Has anybody faced a similar problem? We are on ERP8.0 SP 22 on windows. Any insight will be appreciated
Best regards

Got the reason for the error. It seems that the Interbranch processing option in P4210 when set to 1 results in this error. Still looking for the solution though........

I feel a bit silly replying to my own post, but in the hope of helping a future user here goes..... The error of Invalid Address Number will occur when you turn on the the Interbranch processing option but havent created Customer Master and Vendor Master for the Address number mentioned in the Branch Plant Inventory Constants of both the header BP and detail BP. Solution provided by my consultant was to create these masters and viola no error any more!

This led to another problem though, I could not create customer master and vendor master for all my branch plants as each company has multiple BPs. Hence I changed the address number in inventory constants to the single company customer number. Also I changed the processing option of Interfaces in P4310, Business Unit Validation to <blank> so that the PO entry takes ship-to address from the BU master not the inventory constants.

Only if you have been there will you know what Im talking about I guess
smile.gif

Back