Intermittent Security Server Failures

rhunt01

Well Known Member
New JDE 9 environment running on AS400. AS of 6 weeks ago we are code current with the latest tools. Twice now we have had an issue where all usernames and passwords are greeted wtih the same failure: "Username or password incorrect" All users, all environments, web and fat clients. Anything that uses security server fails. Fixing it is easy...just restart services (kernels) on the AS400.

Hardly a fix worthy of production in 2 months. Right now the failure is happening about once per week.

Unfortunately client side logs tell you exactly what the clients hears back - login failed. Not sure of the best way to get info from the AS400 on why the security kernel stops working properly.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ryan Hunt

Ryan,

Looks like the connected user count of the security kernel grows over time and does not release memory. I would use server manager and monitor the user count of the security kernel and also the memory consumed by the process id corresponding to the security kernel. Oracle seems to have fixed some part of this issue with 8.98.2 ( not 100%)

You might also want to capture the debug log of the schedular kernel at runtime when this issue occurs. Also try to find a trend with the connected users i.e. a lot of entries from a specific user like a user with which you schedule JDE jobs etc.

- Joel

Thanks for the response Joel. I will do that. As of right now I am seeing the following info on users:

-At the web server level I can see that I have one active CRP user working.
-At the top level of the Enterprise Server there is a summary that shows there are ten active security kernel users.
-If I click on process detail I can see that I have two security kernels with a total of 5 "connected" users.

You'll notice that I have 3 different user counts coming from three different places...

Also in process detail I see a memory column showing me that a particular security kernel is using 106 mb of memory, yet right above it I have a graph that shows the same process ID using 250 MB.

I really need to get into this tool and figure out what's what. We are currently on XE/Citrix so this Server Manager is completely new to me.

Thanks for the input. RH

Sorry, also meant to mention that we are on tools 8.89.2.3 so apparently the issue may not be fixed...or something new entirely.

Thanks. RH

Back