Interfacing with EnterpriseOne - Business (Web) Services or...?

munzzzzzzz

I manage a group of .Net web developers. We currently interface with EnterpriseOne using Z files. This works but does not provide as smooth of an interface as we would like. I have seen in documentation that EnterpriseOne supports web services, referred to as Business Services. We are very familiar with web services but nobody in our organization knows how they work with regards to EnterpriseOne.

Can anyone describe what is involved in making an EnterpriseOne program (to, say, create an Item Master or create a Work Order) accessible via a web/business service? If you can even just direct me to documentation elsewhere that explains the whole process, that would be great.

Also, if there are other ways of doing this that are smoother than Z files (by smoother I mean we can get instant feedback on the results in our applications) I would be interested in hearing more about those as well.

Thanks in advance!

You can review the BSSV for Item Master Inventory Management called J4100003 via OMW. However, for all intents and purposes, you need to have a full-blown BSSV development client installed. Unfortunately, this will tie up your CNC guy for a few days.

We are in the process of integrating E1 with a 3rd party system over the internet. We have an EDI tool that is basically batch oriented and difficult to work with as far as XML goes. The business partner uses BizTalk for system integration. The architecture is designed to use the JDE real-time-events server (RTE Transaction Server) to produce transactions from JDE to their system.

When the business partner needs to update our JDE system, they will make SOAP calls from BizTalk to our JDE using Business Services server. We will have custom BSSVs for this update because it was the only practical way to do so.

While RTE is mainly designed for outbound, it already generates EDI events out-of-the-box that are XML format. We found that while Business Services can do both inbound and outbound, development with E1 business services was relatively new and risky.

Back