Inserting amounts in multi-currency into a file

snowpuff

[crazy]

Hi List, would greatly appreciate some help or advice for this issue. I need to insert an amount into a file. This amount can be in different currencies, some with 2 decimals and some without any decimals etc etc...depending on the currency type. I find that when the amount is inserted [i used table i/o] the amount inside the file is captured as a different amount. For example, if i have BEF160 and i insert into the file, the dd item used for the amount field is AEXP, wth 2 decimal places. When i look into UTB, i can see the amount is captured as USD1.60 instead of my initial BEF160. Suspicion : BEF currency has no decimals, therefore when the amount is inserted into the file, it just puts in two decimal places making it become USD1.60!

Any suggestions how to overcome this issue? Thanks~

One World Xe Update 3

Hi "snowpuff",

First of all, welcome on the JDEList Forum!

I returned back to the Forum after a longer time, so excuse me this late reply, but I saw that you haven't got any response up to now.
Maybe your issue is already solved. If not then here are my three cents:

1.) You can see values differently in UTB depending on that you mark or not the Format Data checkbox on the Table and Data Sourc Selection form.

2.) In most cases currencies are handled by Currency Triggers and Table Event Rules (examine the TERS of your table!).

3.) Knowing more about currency handling read the 17th chapter - Currency - in the Development Tools manual.

Hope, could be a bit help.

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi, thanks for the reply, i did get the issue solved, sorry i havent checked into the list for a while. Its solved using triggers as you suggested. Thanks a mil!

Back