Insert URL Media Object Attachment in a C BSFN

BOster

BOster

Legendary Poster
Does anyone know how to insert a URL Media Object Attachment (either from a named MO Queue, or a basic URL)in a C BSFN.

I was thinking the JDE API call JDEGTAddMiscBlob might do the trick, but I can't find any examples where it is used and can't find any documentation.

Please look at our "One Attachment Manager" software package - it includes native JDE BSFN API's for such things...

So you're saying you know how to do what Brian is asking?

C'mon Alex, it would be nice if you'd share some of your knowledge with us developers once in a while.

As a developer, I am more interested in HOW things work or HOW to accomplish something, rather than getting a canned solution all the time. If I were a manager, your solutions would be awesome for me. But I am a developer right to the core and my mind wants to soak up all the knowledge I can get.

Maybe just a hint as to what api's to use and how to use them?

Absolutely, but this is all based on general knowledge, the value is in the implementation, testing and support! ;-)

We all know that it's all in the BLOB's and that there are JDB API's to access table data. And hacking together a narrow purpose-built custom solution is generally speaking not a big deal: you just need a bit of C skills, a test system and some time. I'm sure many here have done this before...

Or are you saying a training course on the topic would sell better than the canned solutions? ;-)

I'm not sure in what release this API became available:

jdeGTAddUpdate_HTML(PJSTR szObjectName, LPVOID lpMODSKey, LPMODATA pMOData, long lTotalRec);

We use this to attach url links but you could also just insert the F00165 record yourself. From what we saw, the BLOB was not populated in the type 5 attachment (URL/File) records. The file/Url is in the GDGTFILENM field.

The API is nice since it will determine the correct sequence (MOSEQN) and do the audit fields.

What he is saying is that it would be nice if when a developer asks a development related question and you know the simple answer it might be nice if you actually answered the question instead of hawking your software. Your company makes some great software and we actualy own the product you are hawking and currently use it for a non-JDE application, but I really don't want to add un-needed complexity to building a JDE App server by using a 3rd party library to do something I should be able to do (and probably could do if JDE would actually document anything) with the JDE api. I get a little annoyed when I see developers asking questions and the only response I see is an ad for Everest Software. Its almost as if there is a bot that auto responds with "One Attachemnt Manager" everytime "Attachment" or "Media Object" appear in a post. I understand you own a company and are trying to sell software, but when a developer asks a development related question it can be frustrating when all he gets is a link to 3rd party software product and no real help with his problem.

Sorry, I haven't used the "JDEGTAddMiscBlob", so I have no direct answer to this question.

Yet, OAM does offer a solution and as you already have it, you can just plug it in and use it right away - I assure you that this would be less complex that trying to figure out some undocumented API's (which may also not work at all - there are quite a few dysfunctional "stubs for the future" in there).

I understand your reaction, but OAM _is_ a possible solution, even if it's not a _direct_ answer to your question. And if I never pointed this out, you probably wouldn't have it now, meaning that you would likely have no solution, for whatever original issues you are using it for, at all. So generally, I think it's a good thing that I occasionally do.

Under XE, the existing API's are few and far apart, so I was using lower-level API's, like JDB_xxxxxx table access API's, and did all additional processing outside of JDE, so there's no simple answer...

The official answer for XE/ERP8 users from JDE has always been "mal fortuna", although they did introduce a number of new API's in the last few Unicode versions of JDE (albeit still undocumented and consequently barely useful)...

If there is not any "out of the box" solution you may want to include that in your post. Something along the lines of...

"There is no way that I know of to insert a URL Media Attachment using the JDE api for your release. I had to reverse engineer the record(s) structure to accomplish it..." and then plug your product as a solution.

When I see your canned responses (usually in response to a MO related post) I get the feeling that your saying to the poster that you know how to do what the poster is asking using standard JDE api calls, but you are not going to give them the answer, or worse you imply that your software is the ONLY soultion, when in some cases that is not true.

Like I said. I think your company has some excellent software (including "One Attachment Manager"), and in a lot of cases to accomplish a task your software is the only way to do it (copying an NER comes to mind) and if that is indeed the case, I don't have a problem with you letting the poster know. I just get the feeling that some times you are more insterested in selling your software then helping the poster. When I originally posted this question, I KNEW I would get at least one response, and I knew exactly what it would say...

;-)

Point taken. Yes, I should have said that. Sometimes unnecessary brevity creates a wrong impression ;-(

Does anyone know how to insert a URL Media Object Attachment (either from a named MO Queue, or a basic URL)in a C BSFN.

I was thinking the JDE API call JDEGTAddMiscBlob might do the trick, but I can't find any examples where it is used and can't find any documentation.
jdeGTAddUpdate_HTMLKeyStr(lpDS->szObjectName_OBNM, lpDS->szKey_MOTXKY, pMOData, lTotalRec); use this it serves the purpose or else use standard BSFN B90CA892

hi @guru1206,

can you share something about B90CA892 BSFN , as my BSFN fails at attachment ID parameter , can you please share what parameter should i pass there , or else you explain about this BSFN , Thanks in advanced.

jdeGTAddUpdate_HTMLKeyStr(lpDS->szObjectName_OBNM, lpDS->szKey_MOTXKY, pMOData, lTotalRec); use this it serves the purpose or else use standard BSFN B90CA892
hi @guru1206,

can you share something about B90CA892 BSFN , as my BSFN fails at attachment ID parameter , can you please share what parameter should i pass there , or else you explain about this BSFN , Thanks in advanced.

Back